• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing violation when saving in Windows 7

Mentor ,
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving in DreamWeaver CS4 under Windows 7 I get a sharing violation and a tmp file gets created.

I then have to delete the tmp file and 'save as..' my html file

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Dear all,

Thanks to the guys at technet, the solution is to turn off the preview pane in Windows Explorer. Click Organize, click Layout, unselect “Preview Panel”.

For some people it is the detail pane.

This issue occurs for my users when they right click -- open with from windows explorer.

Symption / error message:

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing

mfc xxx .tmp

Source:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/bfd6195a-007b-4905-a52c-9bbc7f215c9a#baf95cd1-45e4-4a81-bc83-f107c6860692

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise that no-one has an answer for this but maybe someone could suggest what other info I could provide which may help with this frustrating and annoying problem.

I have moved from CS3 under XP which had no problem to CS4 under Win7 and now I get these sharing violations.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and seems like many others do too, and no one knows how to fix. Also, you better resave when this happens, if not, it deletes the file you were working on.  Doesn’t just not save. Definitely seems to be related to Win 7 and CS4. I didn't have this problem with Vista and CS4!  This is extremely annoying and inefficient.  Adobe needs to release a patch to fix ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We no longer have that problem and if I recall correctly it was actually due to explorer 8 but I'll have to track that down again when that laptop comes back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well unfortunately it has happened to me as recently as this morning.  And i'm not using Explorer 8 but Firefox.  NOt sure if I have been able to identify the exact problem but it seems like if you test page in browser then try to save that error occurs, but not 100%.  I am 100% sure however that the problem is still happening.  If you can shed any light on the issue that would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to work out how we fixed it (we had another problem at the time which was copy from explorer into Dreamweaver which ended up being a 'security' feature of explorer)

I suspect that what we did was turn off the user access control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was that simple, but at my office and home office my UAC is already set to low/off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tossing my hat in... I too get sharing violation occurred since "upgrading" to Windows 7.  To be specific I am using Dreamweaver 8.0.2 and Coldfusion 8 developer edition. I get "sharing violation occurred while accessing"  in all my preview browsers, IE8, FF, Chrome.  I have tried various CF8 settings that have been reported such as unchecking  Cache setting

Anybody have any luck with a solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was experiencing the same problem with Dreamweaver sharing violation during save.  However, I was running win7 and dreamweaver fine for a while and all that really changed in my case was Anti-Virus software.  I recently installed the CA 2010 Internet Security Suite and notice this 'sharing violation' when saving in Dreamweaver.

I kept searching and think It is Windows Indexing System (along with AV in my case possibly) that is causing it.  Thanks to marc0adam at http://www.techsupportforum.com/design-forum/web-design-development/376991-dreamweaver-cs4-sharing-violation.html .  He suggested turning of file content indexing and I have not seen a Sharing Violation since.

Hopefully this helps someone else! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Thanks to the guys at technet, the solution is to turn off the preview pane in Windows Explorer. Click Organize, click Layout, unselect “Preview Panel”.

For some people it is the detail pane.

This issue occurs for my users when they right click -- open with from windows explorer.

Symption / error message:

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing

mfc xxx .tmp

Source:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/bfd6195a-007b-4905-a52c-9bbc7...

Yours truly,

Colin

esatap.sg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it had something to do with explorer - excellent work psyphoncat for finding the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have indexing turned off and the Explorer preview pane turned off and I still have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Bill_Va,

Root cause of problem I was having with dreamweaver sharing violation was due to CA Internet Security Suite 2010.  That package sucks.  I get it free with RoadRunner and had to Yank it from 2 systems cause of these issues.

I also had symptom of 0 (zero) byte file size on uploads thru filezilla, especially when dragging/dropping thru windows explorer shell into filezilla remote folders.

I tried to tweak the CA a bit, but it's horrible.  I run a lot of different ISS packages as I test run them for all my clients who use them (ZoneAlarm, F-secure, norton, mcafee).

After removing CA on both systems...have not seen any sharing violations at all.  And before CA, both those systems had been running for a long time without issue.   I had thought the problem went away with 'indexing', but I was just wishing it would.

hope that helps, HiSurf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not running CA.  I'm currently running MS Security Essentials.  I used to run Norton Internet Security and had the same issue then too.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this on my computer.  I disabled the "File Guard" Intelliguard option for PC Tools Spyware Doctor.

I can't tell you how nice this will be to not be worried about losing a file due to this behavior.

Thanks Randy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say I have this problem - a real pain.  DW CS5 Ver 11.0 Build 4964 Win 7 SP1.  MS Security Essentials.  I never use Win Explorer, and, in any event, the preview window is turned off.  I've shut down every other application and still have it.  It usually pops when you try to do a Preview in Browser - it makes you save the file first - bingo - sharing violation.

The only way out is to Save As with a new name, followed by an exit and file rename back to the original.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Files sidebar - which may be either open or was just used, in which case the sharing might be within DW itself!

Bob B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2011 Mar 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

It is my exprience that most 'sharing violations' with DW are related to Security Suites (firewalls, os-firewalls, av/as, etc.).  Maybe take a look at settings.  I had problems with CA ISS causing this issue.  Removed it from 2 PCs and problem went away.

good luck with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what its worth, I have a setup similar to nasa820 and the same issue.My solution was to use something other than Dreamweaver, in my case the ColdFusion Builder Eclipse plug-in.

Dreamweaver is the only program that I've ever had this issue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, but I came here looking for answers as well. Here's what worked for me.

Open the Task Manager and end all browser processes. Obviously it's alt+ctrl+delete and double-check that all your browers are closed under the Task Manager's Applications tab. Then go to the Processes tab and search for any brower processes still running. Sometimes they appear as chrome.exe *32 or iexplore.exe *32 (in my case it was Internet Explorer). End all those processes.

Turns out Internet Explorer was still running my DW file in the background...very bizarre. Looks like lots of different things can cause this "sharing violation", not just IE. Is DW so delicate? They should really fix this, big company and all.

Anyway, I ended the my IE processes and was able to save my DW file right away. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turn off other browser that are using the file..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go in your task manager, stop the process explorer.exe and run again explorer.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

It worked for me to reset the file type association against the file I was trying to save. Right click > Properties > reset the program which your file opens with. Then I resaved my file over the top of the last one and with no sharing error this time.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologize for the inconvenience. If you haven't done so already, I suggest getting in touch with tech support.

Contact us | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines