Sharing violation when saving in Windows 7

Mentor ,
Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving in DreamWeaver CS4 under Windows 7 I get a sharing violation and a tmp file gets created.

I then have to delete the tmp file and 'save as..' my html file

Dear all,

Thanks to the guys at technet, the solution is to turn off the preview pane in Windows Explorer. Click Organize, click Layout, unselect “Preview Panel”.

For some people it is the detail pane.

This issue occurs for my users when they right click -- open with from windows explorer.

Symption / error message:

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing

mfc xxx .tmp

Source:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/bfd6195a-007b-4905-a52c-9bbc7f215c9a#baf95cd1-45e4-4a81-bc83-f107c6860692

Yours truly,

Colin

esatap.sg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sharing violation when saving in Windows 7

Mentor ,
Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving in DreamWeaver CS4 under Windows 7 I get a sharing violation and a tmp file gets created.

I then have to delete the tmp file and 'save as..' my html file

Dear all,

Thanks to the guys at technet, the solution is to turn off the preview pane in Windows Explorer. Click Organize, click Layout, unselect “Preview Panel”.

This issue occurs for my users when they right click -- open with from windows explorer.

mfc xxx .tmp

Source:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/bfd6195a-007b-4905-a52c-9bbc7f215c9a#baf95cd1-45e4-4a81-bc83-f107c6860692

Yours truly,

Colin

esatap.sg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise that no-one has an answer for this but maybe someone could suggest what other info I could provide which may help with this frustrating and annoying problem.

I have moved from CS3 under XP which had no problem to CS4 under Win7 and now I get these sharing violations.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2009 0
Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and seems like many others do too, and no one knows how to fix. Also, you better resave when this happens, if not, it deletes the file you were working on.  Doesn’t just not save. Definitely seems to be related to Win 7 and CS4. I didn't have this problem with Vista and CS4!  This is extremely annoying and inefficient.  Adobe needs to release a patch to fix ASAP!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We no longer have that problem and if I recall correctly it was actually due to explorer 8 but I'll have to track that down again when that laptop comes back in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 0
Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well unfortunately it has happened to me as recently as this morning.  And i'm not using Explorer 8 but Firefox.  NOt sure if I have been able to identify the exact problem but it seems like if you test page in browser then try to save that error occurs, but not 100%.  I am 100% sure however that the problem is still happening.  If you can shed any light on the issue that would be greatly appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2010 1
Mentor ,
Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to work out how we fixed it (we had another problem at the time which was copy from explorer into Dreamweaver which ended up being a 'security' feature of explorer)

I suspect that what we did was turn off the user access control

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2010 0
Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was that simple, but at my office and home office my UAC is already set to low/off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2010 0
Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tossing my hat in... I too get sharing violation occurred since "upgrading" to Windows 7.  To be specific I am using Dreamweaver 8.0.2 and Coldfusion 8 developer edition. I get "sharing violation occurred while accessing"  in all my preview browsers, IE8, FF, Chrome.  I have tried various CF8 settings that have been reported such as unchecking  Cache setting

Anybody have any luck with a solution?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2010 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2010 0
Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was experiencing the same problem with Dreamweaver sharing violation during save.  However, I was running win7 and dreamweaver fine for a while and all that really changed in my case was Anti-Virus software.  I recently installed the CA 2010 Internet Security Suite and notice this 'sharing violation' when saving in Dreamweaver.

I kept searching and think It is Windows Indexing System (along with AV in my case possibly) that is causing it.  Thanks to marc0adam at http://www.techsupportforum.com/design-forum/web-design-development/376991-dreamweaver-cs4-sharing-violation.html .  He suggested turning of file content indexing and I have not seen a Sharing Violation since.

Hopefully this helps someone else! 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2010 0
Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

mfc xxx .tmp

Source:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/bfd6195a-007b-4905-a52c-9bbc7...

Yours truly,

Colin

esatap.sg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2011 1
Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it had something to do with explorer - excellent work psyphoncat for finding the solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2011 0
Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have indexing turned off and the Explorer preview pane turned off and I still have this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 0
Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Bill_Va,

Root cause of problem I was having with dreamweaver sharing violation was due to CA Internet Security Suite 2010.  That package sucks.  I get it free with RoadRunner and had to Yank it from 2 systems cause of these issues.

I also had symptom of 0 (zero) byte file size on uploads thru filezilla, especially when dragging/dropping thru windows explorer shell into filezilla remote folders.

I tried to tweak the CA a bit, but it's horrible.  I run a lot of different ISS packages as I test run them for all my clients who use them (ZoneAlarm, F-secure, norton, mcafee).

After removing CA on both systems...have not seen any sharing violations at all.  And before CA, both those systems had been running for a long time without issue.   I had thought the problem went away with 'indexing', but I was just wishing it would.

hope that helps, HiSurf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 0
Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not running CA.  I'm currently running MS Security Essentials.  I used to run Norton Internet Security and had the same issue then too.    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 0
Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this on my computer.  I disabled the "File Guard" Intelliguard option for PC Tools Spyware Doctor.

I can't tell you how nice this will be to not be worried about losing a file due to this behavior.

Thanks Randy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 0