• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut layout wrong?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying Dreamweaver CC 2020 lately, but there's one problem. I can't find the shortcut for "Line comment". On the official website, it says "Ctrl /" but for me, this was the shortcut for "increase font size". I didn't change any of the shortcut options, it was like this since I installed it and I don't know what's causing it. I would like to change it manually, but I don't know where "line comment" is located on the shortcut menu and can't change it that way either. If anybody knows a way to solve this I would be grateful. Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are looking for?

junk.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. But sadly, that's not what I am looking for. The line comment feature applies the right comment type without having to choose it, unlike the one on the toolbar. It's supposed to work with Ctrl / but for me, that's not the case, and I want to find out why. Regardless, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW were you using previously?

Which operating system do you have?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously used CC 2019 but reinstalled CC 2020 after this problem came up (didn't solve the issue). 

I currently use Windows 10.

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit a Bug report from your Dreamweaver Help Menu.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shortcut should work by default, when used in the Code View of your page.

It might be worth restoring your preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

It sounds like, if you didn't change your keyboard shortcuts, the file that controls them has gone corrupt (not unusual in DW). Restoring preferences will put all shortcuts back to the factory defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I just tried restoring my preferences, but sadly it didn't work. It may have to do something with the system itself. Thank you though for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines