• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since Mac update -- data_temp_dwid

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the Mac update a few weeks ago to Catalina, Dreamweaver has really been acting up.  I've had multiple crashes for no reason, slow updating of Live View when coding, and now, my biggest issue seems to be that the data_temp_dwid stuff that DW puts in until it updates with the server won't rectify itself and stays in my code which then does not allow me to update anything in Live View.

How do I save the file without these and get back to work?  This has been super annoying.

Q

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Catalina is a significant upgrade with known issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

After installing Catalina, did you perform a clean re-installation of the latest Creative Cloud and DW CC 2019?   I ask because older versions are not compatible with Catalina.   And since 32-bit apps cannot run on Catalina, you're not able to uninstall them.  Also, if you use a local testing server, that will need to be upgraded to 64-bit if it's not alre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is a significant upgrade with known issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

After installing Catalina, did you perform a clean re-installation of the latest Creative Cloud and DW CC 2019?   I ask because older versions are not compatible with Catalina.   And since 32-bit apps cannot run on Catalina, you're not able to uninstall them.  Also, if you use a local testing server, that will need to be upgraded to 64-bit if it's not already.  Likewise for any 3rd party DW extensions or add-ons.  

If all else fails, I recommend that you revert back to your old OS so you can uninstall old software and run the Adobe Cleaner tool. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Restart computer.

Upgrade to Catalina.

Restart computer.

Install the latest versions of Creative Cloud software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thank you for your response.

I do not use any 3rd party extensions or add-ons and do not use a local testing server.  I am up-to-date on all my CC applications, I believe (19.2.1) but I just install the latest versions automatically with CC.  But, I did not do a "clean install" of CC after updating to Catalina - can you point me to a link that can tell me how to do this safely?

It's not like Adobe didn't know Catalina was coming.... 

Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't think you can uninstall older apps or run the Cleaner tool on your new OS because of the reliance on 32-bit helper apps. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update (2020 update) is compatible with Catalina. Can you try upgrading and let us know if you are still facing these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran

I did update to 2020 and it seems to be working correctly now.  Thank you.

Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines