Highlighted

Site Manager

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dreamweaver 2019. My site manager stop working asking me whenever I click on Live to upload my files to my host, I now get a error stating I need to add a remote server in site manager. I have my site manager listed. Been working without issues for the longest time, now out of nowhere it won't upload or test. I've went so far to uninstall dreamweaver and reinstall and recreate site manager and it still won't work but keeps asking me to click the + sign to add a remote site when it's already in there. I've scanned for virus's and malware - nothing, clean. Don't know what to do. Any help to get this working again would be appreciated. Also, another issue is that which happened simultanelously, I was putting together a page and just before/prior to this happening my page wouldnt read my css files which it was working, that stopped at the same time the site manager stopped. Help please. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Site Manager

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dreamweaver 2019. My site manager stop working asking me whenever I click on Live to upload my files to my host, I now get a error stating I need to add a remote server in site manager. I have my site manager listed. Been working without issues for the longest time, now out of nowhere it won't upload or test. I've went so far to uninstall dreamweaver and reinstall and recreate site manager and it still won't work but keeps asking me to click the + sign to add a remote site when it's already in there. I've scanned for virus's and malware - nothing, clean. Don't know what to do. Any help to get this working again would be appreciated. Also, another issue is that which happened simultanelously, I was putting together a page and just before/prior to this happening my page wouldnt read my css files which it was working, that stopped at the same time the site manager stopped. Help please. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How old is your computer?
  • Which operating system? 
  • Does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive, not cloud or networked drives?
  • Is there some reason you didn't upgrade to version 2021 that was released last month?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on Live View triggers your testing server not your remote server so you can test what the site looks like live before you publish.  Can you show a screenshot of your Site Setup when you click on Servers so we can verify that you do indeed have a testing server defined?  Also if the testing server is local (ie: localhost) can you confirm that the server is running while you are trying to test?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you even have a local testing server? 

Static HTML sites don't need one. 

Only dynamic sites or sites containing server-side code require a local testing server like Wamp, Xampp or Mamp.

Final screenFinal screen

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0