• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site root below Git repository

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have a Git repository setup, called `git-repo-web`.

Folder structure is as follows:

device1:git-repo-web user1$ tree
├── .git
├── .gitlab-ci.yml
├── .gitignore
├── README.md
└── htdocs
    ├── bootstrap
    |   └── css
    │       ├── bootstrap-theme.css
    │       ├── bootstrap-theme.min.css
    │       └── bootstrap.css
    ├── index.html
    ├── template-simple.html
    ├── template.html
    ├── terms.html
    └── whatsnew.html

In Dreamweaver, my site looks like this:

clipboard_image_0.png

If I setup the Dreamweaver site at the `git-repo-web` level, it works well with my existing git repository, but when I try to view content under htdocs it does not properly display the webpages due to the way it looks for the css files.

If I setup the Dreamweaver site at the `htdocs` level, the websites render perfectly, but it does not know about the existing git repo which is a level above htdocs.

I would like to add my Dreamweaver site at the `git-repo-web` directory level so that it recognizes the existing git repository, but I want my site root to be a directory below this, which should be `htdocs`. Is this possible?

Can I define my site at `git-repo-web` and then define a symbolic root at `htdocs`?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

I have tried various options in the past. The problem is that Dreamweaver regards the setup level as the root directory.

Obviously I could move my .git, .gitignore, .gitlab-ci.yml, README.md into htdocs and make that the site root in Dreamweaver, but I was hoping for a little more flexibility in order to keep things organized.

I think that this is the best way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously I could move my .git, .gitignore, .gitlab-ci.yml, README.md into htdocs and make that the site root in Dreamweaver, but I was hoping for a little more flexibility in order to keep things organized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried various options in the past. The problem is that Dreamweaver regards the setup level as the root directory.

I think that this is the best way.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines