• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site setup window disappears

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very frustrating problem. When I open the site setup window to specify the remote and local servers, and I click away from this window to copy and paste a password from e.g. notepad, the site setup window disappears. I presume it is behind the main Dreamweaver window but I cannot minimise this window to get to the window behind it. I cannot click on anything on the main DW window at this point. I have to force shutdown DW via task manager and start again.

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?

I'm using Windows 10 and the latest DW (downloaded as part of Adobe Cloud subscription).

Regards

Hennie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Hi,

I can confirm that is an issue, I have done exactly the same a few times and its frustrating... I'll report it as a bug

What I did as a workaround is save and exit the site settings windows, go to notepad or other app copy the password/information then go back to Dreamweaver > site settings and paste the password/information in appropriate field. Daft I know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can confirm that is an issue, I have done exactly the same a few times and its frustrating... I'll report it as a bug

What I did as a workaround is save and exit the site settings windows, go to notepad or other app copy the password/information then go back to Dreamweaver > site settings and paste the password/information in appropriate field. Daft I know

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I appreciate that, and yes I also use that workaround but force of habit catches me out every time, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the Dreamweaver team will get that small glitch sorted out pretty quickly, I've done exaactly the same as you quite a few times through force of habit and it drives me mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forward 3 years and its still doing it! this is a problem that needs to be fixed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hennieb91373967,

I can see in the latest Dreamweaver prerelease (15081) this issue has been fixed so it should find its way into a Dreamweaver release/build soon. I know its quite an annoying little glitch from personal experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul_M,

Thanks for reporting the bug.

For the issue mentioned in this thread for the site setup window disappears, as you confirmed above that this issue exist and you will report a bug, can you please share the bug number  if you have reported this.

Also, in your last comment you mentioned that this issue is fixed in latest pre release drop 15081, can you please confirm if you are still seeing this issue or it is fixed in the pre release.

Regards

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
I have made sure Dreamweaver has the latest updates and Also running Windows 10 with latest updates.
Dreamweaver build: 11281
version: 19.2.1
I still have the same issue. As soon as the site setup window loses focus, when you try to come back to it, it has disappeared and DreamWeaver needs to be closed via Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika_Agarwal,

May i know is there any update to this issue? 

I'm still using the the 2018 version while waiting this issue to be fix. I would very much to use the latest version of the Dreamweaver.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika_Agarwal,

FYI, I do not experience this problem in Windows 10 Pro and DW 15211 Build

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening or at least it is to me. I installed the latest version of the Dreamweaver thru the Creative Cloud with all possible update but still experience this every time. The version is 20.0 build 15196.

At last i have no choice but to revert back to version 18.0 build 10136 which totally fine.

Really do hope the team can rectify this issue and release a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening in May of 2022 (three years later). 

Any real fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. And there never will be as DW is only minimally maintained now.  No new features are planned.

Best advice is the one already given in May 2019.  Save your definition before exiting the panel.  You can reopen it and edit server settings later.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're making it easier to finally drop my Creative Cloud subscription altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows users don't have focus problems.

SOLUTION: Use Windows instead of Mac. Problem solved! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Windows user and the issue still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the replacement you planning to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks for thr info. Will try it out 👍👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC9fUoXFnoNGlYBCBZOJUPca

You don't need to install and configure any local servers to run your dynamic Wappler web app or site. You can use the powers of the integrated in Wappler No...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when the panels are collapsed - workaround is to expand panels before accessing the site settings from the files panel - unlikely there will be a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. very frustrating. 

Both on windows 10 and 11.

Guess I will go back to notepad++ and filezilla.

Annoying considering how much I pay for Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my application frame expanded on Windows desktop and have no problems with missing panels.  Panels can't hide behind a docked application.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Frustrating to experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you dock your application frame and maximize it to full width of your screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines