• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site setup

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken a tutorial from lynda.com on dreamweaver. And when setting up my page in the tutorial he gets this:

Skjermbilde 2018-01-15 kl. 15.16.29.png

Here are folders with CSS +++, but when I do the same thing.... I don't get this! What am I doing wrong? See example under:Skjermbilde 2018-01-15 kl. 15.19.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Once your site is defined, use a starter template to create your first document.  File > New > Starter Templates.  Choose one and hit Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

After your document is saved, you'll see it in your Files Panel tree along with any other Assets your starter template may contain  -- images, js, css, fonts....

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that first screen shot is simply from further into the tutorial, or, maybe you missed a step where you were supposed download and extract a .zip archive into your root folder?

DW generally doesn't automatically create files/folders within your site, unless you're use Bootstrap or DWT Templates. If you're just starting out defining a site, it will be empty until you create pages and save them to the site. If you're using BS or DWT, once you save the file to your site, the automatically generated dependent files will also be saved to your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once your site is defined, use a starter template to create your first document.  File > New > Starter Templates.  Choose one and hit Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

After your document is saved, you'll see it in your Files Panel tree along with any other Assets your starter template may contain  -- images, js, css, fonts....

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines