Exit

SOLVED: Dreamweaver randomly freezes on startup

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 19.2.1 Build 11281

Window 10 fully updated

Dreamweaver is randomly freezing at startup. I have reset the preferances, reinstalled, rebooted the computer, started using admin privileges, disabled loading prior work, .... All these sometimes work, or work for a little while. But the issue keeps returning. When it happens, I have to kill the program in the task manager. Sometimes after killing it, it will start the next time. Sometime I need to do that several times. Is there an actual fix for this??

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Try disabling your anti virus and windows indexing to eliminate any  possible conflict with either

Check Windows Event Viewer and look for Windows Logs > Application on the left side, see  if there are any indicators there as to what is going on.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did look in the event viewer and I am not seeing anything that stands out. Is there something specific that can be adjusted with either the antivirus or the indexing? Clearly disabling either is not a long term solution.

---------------------------------------

Temporarly disabled the antivirus, that did not help.

---------------------------------------

It doesn't appear the pausing the index does anything to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you would create exceptions in your anti-virus and exclude Dreamweaver folders from Windows indexing - if turning both anti-virus and windows indexing off didn't help then I don't think you need to pursue that any further, its just a quick way to test if they are causing an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Event Viewer, what is the faulting module that causes DW to crash?

Have you updated drivers lately?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the odd thing. I'm not seeing any error in the event viewer. DW just doesn't start, it sits there are stays in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"DW just doesn't start, it sits there are stays in the background." OK so it's not crashing. It's just not starting. Re-boot computer. Right-click on DW icon and select Run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does DW crash if you boot up in Safe Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. All the other programs start save for Dreamweaver. I get no errors, nothing and it seems a lot of promises were made and Adobe simply said, owell, we no longer respect the fact you paid nearly five grand and we could care less when you call support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not post under different topics. Your new topic can be found at https://community.adobe.com/t5/Dreamweaver/How-to-install-Master-Suite/td-p/10622178

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The same thing is happening to me." No it's not. You have am issue with legacy Master Suite, not Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all else fails I would be inclined to remove all traces of Adobe from your computer including the creative cloud app - use the cleaner tool to make sure everything has been removed, reboot your machine and then do a clean install of the creative cloud app, install Dreamweaver before any other Adobe apps and test to see if the problem is resolved.

It's trial and error sometimes to poinpoint the issue - do you have any other apps/tasks running in the background on your system that you can disable to illiminate them as  conflicting with Dreamweaver.

Is you working/site directory on a network drive, or inside a cloud folder like Dropbox, OneDrive etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is local, so there should be no network issues. I will try starting without anything else running, see if that helps. Having to wipe Adobe and reinstall is a full day of wasted time and lost money, I'll keep that as a last resort. The Adobe products susceptibility to startup issue is one of the major problems they need to fix promptly. It's a big stain on an otherwise excellent product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having start up issues. I have just resigned that it will take several attempts to get Dreamweaver to start. I have zero confidence that completly removing and reinstalling Adobe will resolve the issue. Plus, that would be a big hassle and the loss of a full day+ of work. Now I just hope that in one of the updates Adobe will fix this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just hope that in one of the updates Adobe will fix this problem. "

The latest Dreamweaver starts up and remains very stable for me on Windows 10.   I don't know what more to suggest except  disconnecting from the internet first and then start DW.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appear that if I minimize all other programs before starting Dreamweaver the program will start correctly. Perhaps that will give Adobe a clue about the bug and allow them to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines