• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSD drive and backup procedures

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me introduce my new machine. Wel actually it is a nearly 6 y.o. Qosmio with a 2 day old Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD as the C: drive and the difference is overwhelming. Dreamweaver now loads in 8 seconds rather than 50 seconds and booting the system which would take up to 8 minutes or so, is reduced 40 seconds.

I had my doubts about SSD's because they can kick the bucket without warning.

That is why I am wondering what method are y'all using for your backups. I do have a D: drive the same size as the SSD which is not utilised at the moment. I also have a 2 TB USB 3.0 drive which I use as a backup at the moment. It would be great to have an automated system.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BenPleysier​,

That's great to hear. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SSD' I found are the best upgrade I made to my system, though it did destroy my routine of having a coffee whilst my system booted up.

What I did with my old drive was to remove it, as I had cloned my ssd from the now old boot drive. That way I could simply insert the old drive should the ssd fail. My back up routine remained as normal, with me just using my external 'cloud' drive connected to my router as normal for back up as I had previously done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

SSD' I found are the best upgrade I made to my system, though it did destroy my routine of having a coffee whilst my system booted up.

How right you are, now I have to have my coffee while working, with the result that the coffee is cold by the time I realise that I haven't had a cup of coffee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to switch to iced tea / iced coffee .

Backblaze is the online service I use.  It's the best $5/month you'll ever spend.

https://www.backblaze.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nancy OShea​ for your great advice.

Actually, after gaining some more advice, I have gone one step further and invested in a Synology NAS system as per DiskStation Manager | Synology Inc.

This is a great system with a local RAID drive and the ability to automatically create data backups to it and to the cloud.

This is all so new to me, it's mind boggling and a far cry from me having to remember to have to do my backups while in the middle of a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines