Highlighted

Start Screen displays unwelcome header message

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My start screen has begun displaying an odd message (“let's turn coffee into website code...”) which showed up after I had opened a .txt file inside Dreamweaver which came from favicomatic.  I used their service to create a quick set of favicons and I even donated $!, but now my startscreen seems highjacked. I've uninstalled Dreamweaver and it seemed to dissapear for a day but it has returned. I know I can turn off the start screen but I want to get the to root and understand what's happening. Help Please.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.20.30 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

That's normal Adobe marketeer blabber.  It's nothing to be alarmed about.

If it popped up after using a favicon service, it's purely coincidence. 

TOPICS
Error, How to, Interface, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Start Screen displays unwelcome header message

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My start screen has begun displaying an odd message (“let's turn coffee into website code...”) which showed up after I had opened a .txt file inside Dreamweaver which came from favicomatic.  I used their service to create a quick set of favicons and I even donated $!, but now my startscreen seems highjacked. I've uninstalled Dreamweaver and it seemed to dissapear for a day but it has returned. I know I can turn off the start screen but I want to get the to root and understand what's happening. Help Please.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.20.30 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Error, How to, Interface, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't mind marketing blabber if I knew where it was coming from, but I feel it's something different because that phrase used on the favomatic website ("let's turn coffee into website code.) BUT, I don't see this text in any of the provided files that I opend in Dreamweaver. What's up with that? I'm suspecting something mischeviously hidden that crankcalled my system. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all have that insipid message on the start screen Home tab. And it comes & goes.  See screenshot from my DW.    Most of the time I don't see it because I keep my start screen disabled.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?!  Oh man, I thought my system had a virus.

Thank you Nancy for your help and patience!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0