Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Dreamweaver putting CSS in HTML.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a website in Dreamweaver CS5 and i was wondering if there is any way to stop Dreamweaver from putting CSS into the HTML file but rather, putting it into a CSS file which is linked to the HTML file. Please advise me what to do.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

SPECIFY HOW TO SAVE THE STYLES
When you save a CSS layout, Dreamweaver generates all of the CSS styles to create the layout as it creates the page. You can choose to save the styles in an internal style sheet or an external one. The Layout CSS drop-down menu includes three options: Add to Head creates an internal style sheet with all of the styles saved in the Head area of the file; Create New File saves all of the styles in a new external style sheet linked to the page; and Link to Existing Fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to open your external CSS file and add the styles in Code View.   I personally prefer the code hinting and auto completion features in DW's Code View over panels any day.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SPECIFY HOW TO SAVE THE STYLES
When you save a CSS layout, Dreamweaver generates all of the CSS styles to create the layout as it creates the page. You can choose to save the styles in an internal style sheet or an external one. The Layout CSS drop-down menu includes three options: Add to Head creates an internal style sheet with all of the styles saved in the Head area of the file; Create New File saves all of the styles in a new external style sheet linked to the page; and Link to Existing File lets you add the styles to an existing external style sheet.

Does that answer your question?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines