Highlighted

Strange Display Mode in Live Mode Cycles columns, can't edit

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Bootstrap project with a simple column-row table. I will click into a box to add text and the display cycles through previous elements, including the Navbar, then stops. I can't add text, use the column add/subtract features, or do much else. I don't see anything unusual turned on. As Ren once said, I'm... going... mad.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Topics

Interface, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Strange Display Mode in Live Mode Cycles columns, can't edit

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Bootstrap project with a simple column-row table. I will click into a box to add text and the display cycles through previous elements, including the Navbar, then stops. I can't add text, use the column add/subtract features, or do much else. I don't see anything unusual turned on. As Ren once said, I'm... going... mad.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Topics

Interface, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,
please load this website in question to your server and send us a link to it, no matter how it looks like, because we can analyze in a better way.
Hans-Günter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Save your work.

2. Close Dreamweaver.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Open DW and switch to Design View.  See screenshot

CC-LiveView.jpg

5. Turn off CSS while working with tabular data tables in Bootstrap.

Go to View > Design View Options > Style Rendering > remove checkmark from Display Styles.

NOTE: This has no effect on Live view or preview in browsers.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I am experiencing the same issues while using Adobe Classroom In a Book 2020 files for Chapter 8. The instructions specifically state to use Live View. Whenever I click into certain elements/tags or text boxes, my selection jumps around and it is making it impossible to make edits or complete my school assignment. Any help would be appreciated.

Another issue is that when I get to the section for editing tables, it has us create a class selector called .seminars. After creating this class selector, I try to add it to the column called Seminars, but the classes only go through the letter "p" and there are no "s"-letter classes in the options even though I created it. 

I don't understand, but I wasn't having these glitching issues last week.

Thank you,

Shawn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erratic behavior is usually an indication that you have code errors. 

Bootstrap works better in Live view, true.  But it's best to use Design view when working with <table> tags.

If you care to copy & paste your code into a web forum reply, I'll take a look at it on my end.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
shicks91 LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy. It appears to be working fine in Design View. However, there are certain things in Live View such as regular headings which are still swapping around after I click on them.

The other issue I am having is that while in Design View for a table, when I select the entire column and go to the Property Inspector to add a class, the .selector class is not in the list of options even though I added it as a selector in the CSS Designer. Is there a limit to how many classes show up in the Class dropdown of the Property Inspector? There are so many Bootstrap elements from the sample files provided by DreamweaverCIB2020 that I assume there may be a limitation on how many can display here, although I am uncertain.

Thank you,

Shawn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Seems to be a Dreamweaver glitch. And I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall the program, or I will need to reset all my settings once I redownload it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines