• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync settings from previous version *still fails* with DW 19.0!

Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 19.0 does not import previous settings from 18.2 which have been saved to the cloud. I agreed on opening to update from the cloud which it didn't do. Then I went to sync settings > manage and checked "Import sync settings" and restarted Dreamweaver. Under Sync settings it said updated settings are available, so I updated, and still nothing happened.

I then uninstalled, including preferences, and reinstalled, just in case I missed something, and went through the whole process again! Still exactly the same.

This is just frustrating and broken, just as it was in the last version. Why can't it just update from local settings like the other CC apps? Is there any way I can do this manually? Copy files over from App Data? I don't want to waste my time painstakingly remembering and setting prefs, workspaces, shortcuts, snippets from scratch! Come on Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

I have now gone into ..\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration and checked all the folders. Some were updated, but some like Workspaces & Snippets weren't. I have just manually copied over the missing files. Prefs seemed to have updated OK. So not completely broken, and fixable. But really this could be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close and restart DW after you imported settings from the cloud?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

"Then I went to sync settings > manage and checked "Import sync settings" and restarted Dreamweaver."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now gone into ..\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration and checked all the folders. Some were updated, but some like Workspaces & Snippets weren't. I have just manually copied over the missing files. Prefs seemed to have updated OK. So not completely broken, and fixable. But really this could be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dv8kiwi​,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused as you had to manually copy the required files. We are not able to reproduce this issue in-house. Hence, it would be great if you can provide us the below information so that we can reproduce this issue in-house.

1. Did you click on Apply first and then Close button in Preferences dialog after checking 'Import Sync Settings' checkbox.
  2. Did you have any special characters in Workspace or Snippets names. If yes, can you please list the characters used. This is because
  3. Do you use Dw on multiple machines and do you have 'Enable Automatic Sync' enabled on both machines.
  4. Lastly, 'Enable Automatic Sync' was enabled prior to checking 'Import Sync Settings' in Dw CC 2019.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nayan,

1. Yes I did click Apply then Close
  2. No special characters in workplace names. I don't think so in Snippets but there are a lot there
  3. Yes 2 machines but Automatic Sync is not enabled
  4. Automatic sync was not and is not enabled at all.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dv8kiwi​,

Thank you for providing the required information. Everything seems correct and import sync settings should have worked for all the synced items and not just preferences.

We will watch out for this issue at our end as well if we could reproduce and do the needful.

Lastly, we understand the issue if fixed at your end now but it would be great to investigate this on your machine as this issue looks reproducible on your machine only. It you agree then please let us know the suitable time to you for connecting on the same.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem dv8kiwi​ . Please write to us in case you encounter any issues with sync settings in future.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines