• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates in Dreamweaver CC2017-2018 only updating files that are open

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Dreamweaver, e.g. CS6 and I believe earlier CC versions, changing the template file would result in a prompt asking you whether you wanted to update the files derived from the template.  In CC2017 and 2018 installed at different locations, I am not getting this prompt.  Files derived from the template are updated only if they are open in other tabs within Dreamweaver.  The behavior in earlier versions of Dreamweaver was more useful because it did not require you to keep track of which files were based on the template.  I have looked at Edit>Preferences to see whether getting the prompt is a preference, although it seems unlikely that one would have to change the default preferences to see this prompt.

I am getting the prompt for changing library items.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

I don't use an Enterprise version but I am on Windows 10.  And my site folder is on my primary hard rive, not a networked drive.

Go to Window > Assets.

Click on the Templates Icon.

Right click on Template in the list.

Select Update Site.  See screenshot.  You might want to tick the Show Log box so you can see what's happening when you hit the Start button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in a defined local site folder?

Is the DWT file in the site's Templates folder?   See screenshot.

And are all Child pages linked to that particular template.dwt?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to your 3 questions is yes and the update of the files derived from the template works when the other files are open in DW tabs.

I am using the Windows version of both CC2018 (18.0, 10136 Build) and CS6.  Both CC2017 and 2018 are Enterprise Versions.  When I create the template in CC2018, I don't get the prompt when I change the template.  However, when I take the template file generated by CC2018 into CS6 and change it, I do get the prompt.  Furthermore, when I then take the same template file after modified in CS6 back into CC2018 and make another change, I get the prompt in CC2018. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use an Enterprise version but I am on Windows 10.  And my site folder is on my primary hard rive, not a networked drive.

Go to Window > Assets.

Click on the Templates Icon.

Right click on Template in the list.

Select Update Site.  See screenshot.  You might want to tick the Show Log box so you can see what's happening when you hit the Start button.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines