• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporary IP for Web URL in FTP Settings

Engaged ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Siteground for hosting.I have setup numerous sites there using the domain in the Web URL for FTP settings with no issue.

If I use the temporary IP assigned from SIteground I cannot connect via FTP. I try the domain name (which has not ransferred yet) and of course that doesn't work.

So how does one get the FTP in Dreamweaver to work with a temporary IP as the WebURL?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Thanks Nancy. I got it to work.

Used their nameserver for the FTP address and for the WebURL used the temp IP. It could have been a password issue. I decided to retype it instead of cut/paste. Even though when I tested the paste it showed the right one in Notepad. Msteriously me typing it worked. Odd.

Thanks, guess it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the server's IP numbers without any problem.

Did you enter your server's Root Directory?  See screenshot.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck Nancy. So you use the IP for the FTP address instead of their nameservers? Is that your temporary IP?

I know public_html/ is right for the Root from my other SIteground accounts.

I can't imagine the Web URL would be the domain since that is currently elsewhere pointing to the existing site while I work on the development site. That is why I figured the temp IP went into the Web URL.

Maybe temp IPs just don't work. Siteground didn't have an answer for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to test is to type the IP number into your browser's address bar.  What do you see?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy. I got it to work.

Used their nameserver for the FTP address and for the WebURL used the temp IP. It could have been a password issue. I decided to retype it instead of cut/paste. Even though when I tested the paste it showed the right one in Notepad. Msteriously me typing it worked. Odd.

Thanks, guess it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for a point of reference, check out this video: How To Connect To Your SiteGround Hosted Website Via FTP | Geoff Blake, TenTonOnline.com - YouTube

(This is referencing connecting to FTP not in Dreamweaver but with another FTP program; however, it shows how a Siteground user would confirm they have the right info for their FTP access.)

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines