Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text shifted to the right in Design view

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I attempted to start working on the container part and somehow all of the text has shifted to the right. It DOES not look like this in the browser but it is doing it in dreamweaver. What did i do wrong how can i get everything back to the center as it did when i first started? Screenshot Adobe.PNGthe center as it did when i first started.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Thank you all for your help. It was something wrong with the CSS file. I deleted it and started over.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any "preview" in DW is not a browser, and doesn't work like a browser.  The best way to preview your work is to open the page in a browser.  I test in IE, FireFox, and Chrome.  Don't rely on DW preview in any fashion.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wolf shade thank you for attempting to answer my question. However, i think you might have misunderstood my question.

I know that any preview in DW is NOT a browser. I mentioned browser because I wanted you all to know that the text DID NOT shift in the browser. In the browser it is correct. However in DW all of my text has shifted to the right. if you look at the bars in the photo you will see that the bottom bar is all the way to the right.

I was messing with the margin and width, i am trying to figure out what i hit or did wrong, as the text WAS not showing like this when i first started to create the page. I need to know how i can get the text back to the default state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not misunderstand.  I was trying to warn you away from using any DW preview to test changes in your code.  DW cannot be relied upon to provide an accurate preview of your work.  At all.  Always preview your code changes in an actual browser.  Adobe can make an IDE, but Adobe cannot make a browser, nor anything that can actually emulate what a browser does.  DW previews, in any form (Live Preview, Design View, etc.), do not work.  You must Preview in Browser in order to see accurate reflections of changes to your code.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a code problem, or as WolfShade suggests, it may just be "the way it works" in DW.

Make sure your code is clean and valid using File > Validate > Current Document (W3C) or go to http://validator.w3.org/nu and take care of any structural errors listed.

If all errors are cleaned up and it's still displaying that way, it could simply be DW's Design View doesn't know how to render your code. For example, the use of VH or VW units will blow Design View to pieces. It just doesn't understand very much as far as even run of the mill CSS goes, let alone anything advanced. It also will not run scripts of any kind, so if your layout relies on less common CSS methods or javascript, it's never going to look right in Design View.

If you could share a link to your work, so we could take a look, it might be possible for us to give you a reason for the problem, or let you know that what you're seeing is "expected" in Design View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Z as needed to undo whatever you did. 

Answers to layout questions are contained in your code, not screenshots.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help. It was something wrong with the CSS file. I deleted it and started over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines