Highlighted

The new Dreamweaver CC 18.0 Crashes with no work restoration on restart or save of work in progress.

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Dreamweaver CC 18.0 Crashes with no work restoration on restart or save of work in progress. After hours of work, Dreamweaver suddenly crashes with no crash report, no automatic reporting to Adobe, no work in progress restoration upon restart, and none of my work in progress saved. The previous version at least saved my work and restored my open files upon restart.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The new Dreamweaver CC 18.0 Crashes with no work restoration on restart or save of work in progress.

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Dreamweaver CC 18.0 Crashes with no work restoration on restart or save of work in progress. After hours of work, Dreamweaver suddenly crashes with no crash report, no automatic reporting to Adobe, no work in progress restoration upon restart, and none of my work in progress saved. The previous version at least saved my work and restored my open files upon restart.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Had you saved your work previous to the crash? 

Is your local site folder on your primary hard drive?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running on the latest OSX High Sierra operating system, using the latest MAMP Pro local server software, and yes I had saved my work several times along the way. But this time I had a lot of time and changes invested when Dreamweaver suddenly crashed. No crash report given, just a option to reopen DW. When I did, it came up as if nothing was previously opened before the crash and none of the most recent work since the last saved was preserved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would file a bug report.  But without logs, it's not easy to pinpoint what went wrong.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know. I just had the same thing happen with Photoshop. I was cleaning-up a photo using the quick-selection tool and most of the areas I wanted to remove selected when PS crashed. No crash report, and when reopened none of the opened documents were restored, including the one I was working on. I'm starting to think this is a CC 18 issue, perhaps in conjunction with OSX High Sierra. But I don't have enough information to help anyone get to the bottom of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra has some known bugs that Apple still needs to sort out. 

I'm guessing the required files are not getting the permissions they need to generate.  You might want to try creating a new admin level user account on your Mac and see if that helps.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try adding a new admin level user account. But I'll have to wait for another crash to see if it helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver has only ever opened tabs for me if I closed it myself. Not once in all these years and versions has it restored tabs after a crash, but as I said, it does when I close it manually. The setting for reopen documents only appears to be relevant for a controlled shutdown. But YMMV.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

privatei51575574  wrote

I think that is just the latest feature to be added to DW. The engineers seem hell bent on deconstructing it slowly with every upgrade

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might not have anything to do with it, but is "Reopen documents on startup" selected under Edit > Preferences > General?

I'm not sure if that's totally necessary for reopening files after a crash, but it couldn't hurt to check it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Reopen Documents is checked. But I agree that this should not affect crash recovery processing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. I have not heard of anything similar with the latest release. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over  a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get int touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0