• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The November 2019 update to Dreamweaver is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the latest update (20.0) to Dreamweaver. 

Key features of the release::

• Seamless Live View Editing: Edit documents in Live View with a single click. Along with element text you can edit content directly inside semantic tags and all changes are auto synced to code view.
  • Code Hints Improvements: PHP hints you are looking for are always at the top now with the improved filtering logic. Also, we have improved availability of HTML, CSS, JS code hints.
  • Default font changes for JP locale: Japanese text & source code readability has been improved with Source Han Code JP as the new default font for JP locale.
  • MacOS 10.15 support: Dreamweaver 2020 is compatible with the new MacOS 10.15 version.

For more info on the latest features, see https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new.html

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, why does the 2020 version not appear in my Creative Cloud app? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ELK2010,

Have you tried checking for Updates in your Creative Cloud? Here is how you do it

• Launch Creative Cloud
  • Click on the Updates category on the left pane
  • Click on the More options icon (Ellipsis) on the right top corner
  • Choose Check for Updates

If that did not work, please check the below System Requirements document required to run the latest DW update

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/system-requirements.html

Please let us know if the above didn't help

Thanks,

Divya B C

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hello, why does the 2020 version not appear in my Creative Cloud app?"

Did you already have the 2020 prerelease installed by any chance?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little underwhelming for a major release. #RIPDreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brad_Lawryk,

This is just the beginning. We have lot of exciting things planned for the coming releases. 

We would like to hear from you on what you want to see in Dreamweaver. 

Thanks,

Divya B C

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya B C

I would like some clarification please if that is ok.

When you say "This is just the beginning. We have lot of exciting things planned for the coming releases."...

Does coming releases mean on the annual schedule? or will there be many additional releases this year with lots more features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I no longer able to access the files window by date revised? Now the entire site is alphabetical, and that adds hours fishing around to update files. Please put it back, and please return the updated notations on the remote files as well. What was the point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, be serious. All the screwed-up garbage is still there: the moronic brackets/parentheses highlights and auto-complete that can't be turned off, the idiotic new search box, all your new features are garbage. Fire all the knuckle-dragging idiots who created this heap-of-manure version and hire some humans with brains for a change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, this is a major outing... Brad, you're kidding...? no?
Preran, Divya, please, don't tell me, that it is a major update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to stick my neck out now, (translation for Birnou - its like saying 'put my neck into the guilotine, and hope no one pulls the lever'). I don't contribute to the forum much anymore, but over the holidays, I did speak with a number of people looking to start out in web development, and what I learned was -

No one who intends to make a career in web development uses Dw anymore. However some did use Dw whilst in Uni, or further education, simply because of the student discount, and 'other' adobe products being requiered for the course(s) taken. This I think leaves Dw as something only used by none coders, (read not large or enterprise requierments) or those who would have to use other adobe products anyway.

In that respect, I think Dw is actually all that is required. Simply because it meets the requirements of the small site builders, working for themselves, or only building sites on a casual or personal basis, and not requiering anything more than a basic rwd site or newsletter creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem with Dreamweaver is that in the last years has lost its identity, it's neither fish nor fowl.
It's not a tool for web developers and neither for web designers (its original target when it was developed from Macromedia). It would be enough for the Dreamweaver's Team to go on the Wappler's forum to understand what people really want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paula,

glad to see you, again, dragging your sneakers around here....

thank you for the introductory glossary, it helps to understand the image well, and although the planet is on the verge of revolution, I hope that the tool invented by comrades Joseph Ignace and Antoine, will not be used again.:)

have a pleasant day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No one who intends to make a career in web development uses Dw anymore. However some did use Dw whilst in Uni, or further education, simply because of the student discount, and 'other' adobe products being requiered for the course(s) taken. This I think leaves Dw as something only used by none coders, (read not large or enterprise requierments) or those who would have to use other adobe products anyway."

I agree.  There are better code editors that can do a better job than DW.  However, DW is needed if you have to use the templating system built into it.  Microsoft's visual Studio has this but it is mainly for ASP/MVC and the files can only be used on IIS so it is not convenient for everybody.

VS Code (free from Microsoft) is a better editor for straight HTML/CSS/JS files and it has live view as well.  I'm amazed DW has survived for so long especially when people are complaining that is bloated and takes too long to launch it.

I.m still using CS6 but for most part I use either VS code or Visual Studio for ASP.Net/MVC as they are  better tools for my work.

The only product that we still need from Adobe is Photoshop or Photoshop Elements as the patent rights are not available to other developers of free tools like pdf tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,
please send a message to the developer team to remove jQuery Mobile/UI as mobile platform on Dreamweaver, this framework is discontinued from several years... anyway, a small bug is in the "indent" (preferences -> code format -> indent), not works.
I suggest for the next version (as long as there is one in the timeline) to works on the new technologies support as PWA and/or more integration with Adobe XD.
The latest years for Dreamweaver seem a path to the inevitable death.
#RIPDreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your valuable feedback, we will highlight it to the team.

Regarding Indent issue, can you please share the indent preference (screenshots). Also, is this specific to a particular file. Could you please share more information like file type, size and the workflow to reproduce this issue locally to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've resetted the DW preferences and now the "indent" behaviour returned to works good. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going slightly off-topic with this.

I notice that there is continued support for adding the ability for PWAs, not just in Dw but in Wappler and other dev environments.

I have to ask WHY?

Safari and by association iOS, (even 13) does not support all the features required to build a fully functional PWA that does the name PWA justice, as it is still missing many of the features required. There is no point in building a PWA in my opinion, if it cannot offer more than the old 'save this page for off-line use', which is all that Safari anf iOS device users could currently see if a site offered PWAs, (and that's forgetting all the problems of maintaining two different PWA code bases. 1for browsers with good support, and a second for Safari and iOS).

See - PWA support for Safari. 

Whilst the article is 18 months old some of the features that are mentioned as 'getting support', still do not have full support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that I am reading this when there is a gigantic list of reasons why we should be building PWA and NO reasons against PWA. Even when the browser/OS does not support PWA, the page will be a normal website and nothing is lost.

As a supporter for new technologies in the past, you of all people should know that if we do not embrace the new technology, browsers/OS's will not incorporate them.

The main reason why Apple is not playing ball is because a PWA bypasses their money hungry App Store.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula, by answering you, I am not trying to convince you, or anyone else, to approach development in an application-oriented way as the PWA concept conceives it.

as Ben says so well, if the browser or OS is not PWA ready, no problem, the user will consult the content the old-fashioned way, like a simple website... no more... but especially no less.

I had the chance three years ago (but the first steps were established four years ago) to be involved in the adventure organized by Manning with Hume and Osmani, many thanks to them, and I can't recommend this reading, which is only more contemporary to this day.

https://livebook.manning.com/book/progressive-web-apps/chapter-1/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not including code hints for creating PWAs that I am against, (as everyone knows, if even a single modern browser includes any html5, css or javascript. Then it should be included.). It is the inclussion of 'wizards' to help in the creation, before at least 85% of browsers support a feature that I am against.

When users ask for PWAs in Dw, (and Wappler, etc) they are not asking for code hints, but some form of 'wizard' to help. Which to me is putting the 'horse before the cart', simply because users are ignoring the possible future improvements and requirements that could happen durring the implementation process by browsers.

The other problem with environments such as Dw implementing such features, as an 'all in one process'. Is that like SB's, users start to think that how a program such as Dw implements them, is 'static', (that is how it is done, and will always be 'how it is done'). Ignoring any future security issues, or other improvements..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and that's not even 1/10 of what you get in Wappler's weekly updates LOL #RIPDreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the newest version and made the mistake of erasing old versions.  Now I can't access any of my files and my clients are wanting work done.  How do I get older versions back?  I clicked on older versions and only got 19 - I need older than that - like 2015.  Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use any version of Dreamweaver to edit the sites. It sound s like you have not synced your settings as per https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/using/synchronizing-dreamweaver-settings-creative-cloud.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe hides versions older than the current one, and one back. You can still get most of the older versions, but it takes a little work-around. 

Go to the ProDesignTools website here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Make sure to follow the "Note: Very Important Instructions" section, that's what will allow you to see the download files on Adobe's servers. If you don't, it will appear as if the download links are broken. Once you have the product reinstalled, be very, very careful in the future when installing new ones. Adobe has, in the past, made the "remove older versions" option the default when installing new ones, though it looks like they've finally abandoned that obsurd automated removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines