Highlighted

The root folder you have chosen is inside the folder for site xxxxx

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dreamweaver 2018 on Windows 10. I have a network drive with a share called "Web" and a separate folder on that share for each of my websites (i.e., cpking, artizansc, clayton, etc.). I recently copied each site to its respective folder (I consolidated all my web work to the network drive). Each of these has settings defined to discreet websites on the web.

Now when I open any of the sites I get the message that "the root folder you have chosen is inside the folder for site "whatever-it changes each time."

I sometimes use sychronization, but more importantly, have seen some of my css (which is different for every site) stop working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Maybe your site definition settings are corrupted.  Try restoring preferences and if that doesn't help, redefine your sites manually and delete the old definitions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The root folder you have chosen is inside the folder for site xxxxx

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dreamweaver 2018 on Windows 10. I have a network drive with a share called "Web" and a separate folder on that share for each of my websites (i.e., cpking, artizansc, clayton, etc.). I recently copied each site to its respective folder (I consolidated all my web work to the network drive). Each of these has settings defined to discreet websites on the web.

Now when I open any of the sites I get the message that "the root folder you have chosen is inside the folder for site "whatever-it changes each time."

I sometimes use sychronization, but more importantly, have seen some of my css (which is different for every site) stop working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Maybe your site definition settings are corrupted.  Try restoring preferences and if that doesn't help, redefine your sites manually and delete the old definitions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 0