• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is what happens after each of the many DW's issues. I have to spent time to fix my code. Watch this screenshot

Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens so many times that I do not count them anymore. PHP/CSS/JS files are corrupted (only for show) if DW got  a problem (crash or issue). I use DW since CS5, this double-issue is still here :

Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 13.26.30.pngCapture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 17.21.39.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

It looks like you might be inadvertently clicking (and collapsing) segments of your code in the code view.

Is it safe to assume that you want to see all of your code, but it’s hidden in those grey highlighted sections? Click the arrows next to the line numbers to expand your code blocks.

If this is not the problem you’re trying to highlight, please clarify what you need.

Also, make sure your applications are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration, that you are facing using Dreamweaver, as your files are getting corrupted.

Would you mind sharing which version of Dreamweaver you are using?

I would suggest please see this article:- Use Lint code in Adobe Dreamweaver to detect errors which help in detecting errors in our code.

If that doesn't work. Would you mind checking this article as well: Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences. which tells about the unusual behavior of Dreamweaver.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you might be inadvertently clicking (and collapsing) segments of your code in the code view.

Is it safe to assume that you want to see all of your code, but it’s hidden in those grey highlighted sections? Click the arrows next to the line numbers to expand your code blocks.

If this is not the problem you’re trying to highlight, please clarify what you need.

Also, make sure your applications are updated.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this is completely an useless response. You are off topic. This is not about Lint code at all.

And I use the last version of DW 19.1, but actually my version of DW doesn't matter, since this issue persists since DW 17, maybe 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that my response didn't work for you. As you mentioned that this issue persists for a long time. I would suggest you share your feedback on our Adobe Dreamweaver feedback link.

Here is the UserVoice link: Adobe Dreamweaver: Feature Ideas

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in a future release.

Please upvote the issue here.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the expand all button in the common toolbar usually located to the left of the workspace?

expand all.png

Like Anissa I'm not 100% sure if thats the issue you mean?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really think I can't use this expand button ? OHH??

Even if I click on it, nothing append. This is an issue with DW. I need to select All, copy, paste .

PLEASE STOP try to fix this issue by an magic button on DW and fix your DW's hard code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug issue...for a long time....and sorry BenPleysier and sorry Prenan, you CANT set neither the anissa_thompsom's answer nor the paul-m's one as useful, when each of them are off-topic....

This is a technical issue, it needs an developper look, not a moderator's one.

I don't write here to have an immediate solution of my problem. I am here to show the many big problems with DW that have arisen for far too long. And I say "big" because these issues still run for many versions of DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the correct forum for submitting bug reports.

To get your issue in front of the Dreamweaver Development Team, you will need to post your issue, or add your voice to an exiting thread on your issue, in the following forum...

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Be sure to fully explain what you have happening and how that differs from the expected behavior to avoid any misunderstanding with the Dev Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines