Highlighted

Timehop for Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been updating our website today and it's getting all messed up so I'm wondering is there a way to go back to last night on dreamweaver so all of the errors are not there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timehop for Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been updating our website today and it's getting all messed up so I'm wondering is there a way to go back to last night on dreamweaver so all of the errors are not there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you use GIT you can revert to the last submit... if not... contact your web hotel and ask them to revert to the last session saved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go back with my entire computer, will DW go back as well?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean that your website is not online, and the mess came from your local version only ?

if that is the case get the files from the remote web hotel...

if it is only a local web site, and that there is nothing on line... yes you can use the restore folder, but I don't know when was your last restauration point was ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's live

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you do have an online version ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIT is nowhere near automatic in DW, and it's only available in the latest releases (CC2017 and later). There's a process of installing and attaching GIT to the program that you would definitely remember if you've done it.

If you didn't go through the steps to set GIT up, there really isn't anything you can do from within DW to get your old pages back. You will need to replace them from a back up, either by asking your hosting company to reload your site from their back ups, or reloading from a local back up you may have made in the past.

If you have your hosting company restore your live site from a back up, you would then need to connect to the site in DW and choose Get (down arrow icon) to download the older files and overwrite your local, goofed up copies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 1
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say it's all messed up, in what way?

Have you uploaded all the dependent CSS files, scripts and images?

Have you validated your local documents to ensure the code is error free? 

Do you keep redundant backups of your site files on externals or dropbox in case of a catastrophe?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 1