• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title, Access Key and Tab Index?

Advocate ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone refresh my memory on what the Title, Access Key and Tab Index do under the Hyperlink insert option?  What should I put in the Access Key and Tab key?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

the tab index indicate the TAB order for tjose of use that navigate using keyboard... more info on MDN

the access key indicate the shortcut for accessibility process (unfortunally we never got an international standard i.e 9 = main menu, ...) nor the combination alt/ctrl/shift from browser to browser... more info on MDN

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the tab index indicate the TAB order for tjose of use that navigate using keyboard... more info on MDN

the access key indicate the shortcut for accessibility process (unfortunally we never got an international standard i.e 9 = main menu, ...) nor the combination alt/ctrl/shift from browser to browser... more info on MDN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't touch them, (leave blank).

Those features were intended to be accessibility features, but those who require such accessibily features have said that they do not want developers to use them, as it creates more usability problems for people with disabilities than it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont quite agree... the TAB index (I often use it) when FORM ar splitted and then we need to rearange them for some purpose (using CSS)... so TAB bring back the illusion of a linear navigation...

for accessibility I agree... that's why I said that we never find any international standard and worth cross browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pziecina  wrote

Don't touch them, (leave blank).

Those features were intended to be accessibility features, but those who require such accessibily features have said that they do not want developers to use them...

I agree. I don't use them on links either.  It's a waste of time. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines