Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too old to learn... [How to purchase an old version of DW?]

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am 67. 10 years ago I built my website with Dreamweaver, and I loved it. I would love to find and use that old version of DW again as I don't want to spend time learning new things. Is there a way to purchase an older version? Many thanks.

cheers

Jurgen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

What specifically are you looking to do from the old version that has been removed in the new verison or you don't want to learn in the newer versions?  Finding an old version is going to be very difficult, and there is nothing here from Adobe.  Personally my suggestion if you are looking for something easy to maintain without diving into modern code, would be to look into a CMS (ie: Wordpress, etc.) or a builder online (ie: Wix).  Then you don't need an editor at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specifically are you looking to do from the old version that has been removed in the new verison or you don't want to learn in the newer versions?  Finding an old version is going to be very difficult, and there is nothing here from Adobe.  Personally my suggestion if you are looking for something easy to maintain without diving into modern code, would be to look into a CMS (ie: Wordpress, etc.) or a builder online (ie: Wix).  Then you don't need an editor at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the OP doesnt what to learn anything new, quite happy with the version they had 10 years back but I would think if they have not used it for 10 years they might have to learn that again. Can't say I blame them, at 67 should be sitting by a river with a cold beer, doing a bit of fishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, gentlemen,

many thanks for your answers. I will check out your recommendations. As for going fishing: great idea, too. We are going next week, actually, but that won't build my website. lol

It was mostly the familiarity with the old DW that I wanted back. I do know that the new version is much more capable, but I am 10 years less capable, lol.

I will look into all your recommendations, and do my best. Heck, I might even learn a thing or two.

Again: many thanks to you all.

cheers,

Jurgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jurgen69616  wrote

Good morning, gentlemen,

many thanks for your answers. I will check out your recommendations. As for going fishing: great idea, too. We are going next week, actually, but that won't build my website. lol

It was mostly the familiarity with the old DW that I wanted back. I do know that the new version is much more capable, but I am 10 years less capable, lol.

I will look into all your recommendations, and do my best. Heck, I might even learn a thing or two.

Again: many thanks to you all.

cheers,

Jurgen

No problem, Ben, post 2, is 75 and still learning.............in between long naps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, time goes on which means that I am now 76 and my naps are starting to consume more time than my web development. Actually, that's when (during my naps) I do most of my development work.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of good programs that you could have a look at:

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jurgen69616  wrote

Is there a way to purchase an older version?

No.  Adobe stopped sellilng old versions a long time ago.   The only way to get DW now is by subscribing to the Creative Cloud plan of choice.   And to be quite honest, most of the older versions are not compatible with newer computer because too much has changed.

If you can work with code, download Brackets.  It's free.  Use Chrome browser to see your results as Brackets does not have a Design View.

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines