• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Tips

Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 18.0 was supposed to  turn off Description tool tips. The Beta version did but the full build did not. If I hover my cursor over anything in the upper toolbar then a description of that function pops up (see first screenshot). That wouldn't be so bad but the hated Press command key to see table structure is back (see second screenshot). What gives Adobe? You get rid of it in the Beta release and then put it back in the full release.

Unhappy user.

Alan

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 7.59.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 7.56.55 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Hi Alan,

That option in preferences is for code hints description and not for tooltips in general. You can log a bug or feature request for same as in below link.

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Based on user votes we will prioritize.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I didn't catch right the question, or did I missed your answer ? but this one doesn't deactivate the tooltip ? isn't it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi English100,

Could you please rephrase the problem you are seeing? Is it the tooltip which comes for table in Design view?

But I can see same tooltip coming in DW CC 2017 as well. If you could tell us your specific concern, we might help.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay to reiterate. I have the box against Descriptive tool tips in Preferences un-checked yet I still get tool tips if I hover over say the Paste icon and I get the dreaded Press command key to see table structure popping up whenever I move my cursor. All of this was supposed to have been fixed in 2018 release. Yes I see it in Design view which is where I work all the time.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not done any OS programing for a few years, but if i remember correctly tooltips for any OS functions such as open file, save and print, were part of the OS functions and cannot be disabled except by using the OS settings, (not even certain if there is still a setting to do so).

As for the tooltips on tables, etc, which are specific to Dw, then yes i agree that if you have turned off tooltips in Dw settings, these should not show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita

Sorry I can't be more specific other than what I wrote in answer #4. Many people complained (including me) about the tool tips that pop up in Design view particularly the 'Press command key to see table structure' which is very annoying as it gets in the way of my work. I think it was you who said in this forum that it was being addresses in the next release and to download the BETA version which I did and the tool tips in the Design work area did in fact go away. But in the 2018 release they're back.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

That option in preferences is for code hints description and not for tooltips in general. You can log a bug or feature request for same as in below link.

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Based on user votes we will prioritize.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you said you fixed it in 2018 as so many complained about the 'Press command key to see table structure' and now you're saying you didn't ?? I'm confuse with previous emails telling people you got rid of the 'Press command key to see table structure' tool tip.

Alan

This is your response to another user who complained of that annoying popup making his coding difficult. I also chimed in on that post and you told me to download the BETA version.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 8.02.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Staff going to reply to this?
Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita is unavailable until next week, and will check with her as soon as she is back. Meanwhile, use the link she provided to post your feedback.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

It seems you are getting confused with two different features. The answer, you had quoted was for PHP code hints not getting disabled.

That's what being clearly mentioned as well in the answer and is fixed with DW CC 2018.

In this post you have asked for Tool tips in Design view which is no where linked to PHP code hints in Code View.

If you still have questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the Descriptive tool tips. Aren't the attached descriptive tool tips? If not what exactly are descriptive tool tips?

Alan

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.46.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.47.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please answer my questions in the previous post?
Thanks

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Please refer to the link

How to set coding preferences in Dreamweaver

where its clearly mentioned that

Enable description tooltips

Select this option to enable descriptions to appear with your code hints. These descriptions provide additional information about the code you are writing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lalita,

I don't think that Alan talks about the code hints, I think that he talks about the tool tip that appear when howering the main tool bar.

That is why I've asked him to precise it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birnou

No - not in the main menu bar but in the Design View that's what I'm referring to - the tooltips that appear as I show in the screenshots.

Inayal

Yes I know how to enable or disable Descriptive tool tips and I have them un-checked so my question is quite simple:

1. Is what I show in my screenshots actually Descriptive tool tips?
  2. If the answer is YES why are they appearing if I have them turned OFF.
  3. If the answer is NO then could someone please tell me exactly what Descriptive tool tips are and what are the tips shown in my screenshots.

Thanks

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, in fact this capture 11.15.2017-16.15.39  from the original message misled me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I should have said screenshots in reply #14

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Yes, those are tool tips too shown in Design View but preferences to disable tool tips applies only to code hints.

You can go ahead and log a feature request for option to disable tool tips all over DW.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita

So what does "Enable description tooltips" do shown here if not enable/disable tool tips?

Alan

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 7.36.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If "Enable description tooltips" is checked, it will show brief description like below on hovering over.

If you uncheck the check box, then it won't be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, so I understood correctly the question, and effectively the deactivate tooltip, button in the prefs setting doesn't deactivate the UI tooltip.

I don't remember having such a feature or at least I never used it ?

where was this settiing in the previous build ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birnou

Same place as it is now - Preferences.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you talking about the tooltip that appears when hovering in exemple the main tool bar  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines