• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Dreamweaver to new iMac

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver works fine on my old iMac, but when I transferred the app to my new computer (iMac again), it is asking for codes or for me to buy it again or pay for it monthly. I feel forced to continue using it to maintain my website on my old computer which is very slow. Would love advice. thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shouldn't "transfer" executable files.

properly install your dreamwaever (using the installation files*) and activate with your serial number (if you have a perpetual license), or if you have a subscription install the cc app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud  and use it to install your dw.

* Single user licensee downloadable installation files available:

Updates

• Download and installation help for Adobe links

• Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

And a big thank you to Jim @ Prodesigntools for helping me with these links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, kglad! I installed the program successfully, only to find that my web files appear not to be “findable” from within DW. I tried opening “recent files”, but the “choose” button remained grayed out, AND the files I had put on the computer were grayed out, too.

I went to your discussion on the website to reply and thank you, but there was no option to reply, so I returned to this email and hope you get this. Many thanks. Susan Bingham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

right click one of your dw files and click 'open with' and navigate to dw.  tick always open files of this type with this program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear that the files are viable, but when I right click, nothing happens — no little drop down menu with option to open, etc. Wish I could import YOU here and have you fuss with this computer. Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and retry right clicking.

if that fails, can you right click any file type and see a context menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I think you are onto something. I had to go to System Prefs and set up the mouse to “do” right clicking, and now this works, and I can open the file, but it is locked. See screen shot. SB[cid:1850BC9A-A00E-4343-9AC2-A3DFC3021E6B]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't attach a screenshot via email.  you have to navigate to your forum message.

what file type are you right clicking?

what context menu option are you clicking that triggers the locked message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No o option to reply on web forum. The file type I am right clicking used to open to a message saying the file is locked. Now It says the document cannot be found. I don’t know what a “contest menu option” is . . . Until I figure out how to respond using the forum, I will keep emailing you, even though this is not ideal for you. Apologies. Susan B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open dw>click file>open and navigate to a dreamweaver file>click ok.

does it open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open a DW file within DW but it is locked. Have gone to finder and given permissions to read and write, but this continues. However, I can now open a DW file on my desktop by right clicking on it and selecting DW as the app, and the page opens, and I can edit it, but then I can’t upload it to the internet, as the upload options are grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm moving this thread because this is no longer an installation issue.

[ moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Dreamweaver support forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help, kglad! I am visiting forums and trying out different solutions. No luck yet, but at least everything appears to be there. Happiest possible holidays coming up. Susan Bingham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW do you have?

Which operating system?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 12.0 build 5808 (not sure what all these mean, but perhaps you need these numbers)! So you are taking over, Nancy? Ahh. Great. Susan Bingham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac High Sierra. The most recent, plus a new iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read this so you know what to expect from legacy software on High Sierra.

Here are Some Apps that Are (or Maybe Aren't) macOS High Sierra Compatible - The Mac Observer

Sierra and High Sierra lack support for legacy Creative Suite installers. And you must run the installation routine because simply moving program files from one HD to another won't work 

See link below for the workaround for installing legacy Creative Suite on Sierra & High Sierra. 

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

After installation, restart your computer.

Open DW CS6 and define your local site folder from Site > New Site.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also still can’t figure out how to reply while inside the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once installed, you need to go to the specific program forum to ask questions about the program

Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines