Highlighted

Trouble Dragging Text

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project in Dreamweaver, and sometimes I have trouble dragging selected text.

Just now I had one css, html and javascript file open. The html and javascript worked fine if I selected some text and dragged it to a new position, but when I tried it on the css document the mouse changes to have the little box below it, but there was no text cursor moving with the mouse to show the place it would be "dropped" and when releasing the mouse the text didn't move to the new location.

I tried closing and reopening the document, and that had no effect, but after a couple minutes it just started working again. I've noticed this happen before on and off, and it can be very frustrating, as I'm left with the option of hitting ctrl-x and then clicking where I want it, and hitting ctrl-v.

If I remember right it seemed to start after the last major update, but I'm not certain of this.

Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find much about it post 2016.

Any idea how I might fix it?

Using version 18.0, 10136 Build. Thanks for any assistance.

Thank you for sharing the required details. I suggest logging a bug with the team using this link. Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble Dragging Text

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project in Dreamweaver, and sometimes I have trouble dragging selected text.

Just now I had one css, html and javascript file open. The html and javascript worked fine if I selected some text and dragged it to a new position, but when I tried it on the css document the mouse changes to have the little box below it, but there was no text cursor moving with the mouse to show the place it would be "dropped" and when releasing the mouse the text didn't move to the new location.

I tried closing and reopening the document, and that had no effect, but after a couple minutes it just started working again. I've noticed this happen before on and off, and it can be very frustrating, as I'm left with the option of hitting ctrl-x and then clicking where I want it, and hitting ctrl-v.

If I remember right it seemed to start after the last major update, but I'm not certain of this.

Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find much about it post 2016.

Any idea how I might fix it?

Using version 18.0, 10136 Build. Thanks for any assistance.

Thank you for sharing the required details. I suggest logging a bug with the team using this link. Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try restoring preferences and let us know if it helped?

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried restoring preferences as you suggested, and my preferences reset to default, but I still can't drag text in the css file I was working in.

It is so intermittent though. I just tried selecting new text and moving it to a random place, and probably 1 in 10 times it will work, the rest it fails as I described in the original post. If I leave the same text selected that failed once and just try to drag it repeatedly it will always fail though.

So narrowing things down, it seems to only affect CSS files, and now I can seem to make it fail depending on where I make the selection. If the first character of the selected text is a new line it will always fail. If I include an actual character it drags fine. Example:

Works fine, dragable like normal:

text-select-include.png

Also dragable:

text-select-chars.png

Fails to drag every time:

text-select-exclude.png

Not just new lines, but tabs at the start of the selection seem to fail to drag for me as well:

text-select-tab.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2018 0