Highlighted

Turn off annoying popups - How to, and please!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely there is an answer for this? How do we turn these off? I shouldn't have to stop what I am doing, find the tiny itty-bitty x and click it, and then return to what I am doing. Whoever thought it was helpful was wrong, wrong, wrong. I see a brief conversation earlier where the person was given instructions on how to do this in Photoshop, but those options don't apply in Dreamweaver. And that was the end of it. Heck, I even clicked the "I know what the heck I'm doing" option when I updated Dreamweaver.  I shudder to think what I would be seeing if I had clicked the "I'm a newbie" box!

annoying dreamweaver popup.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

While multiple users have asked for one there is still no "off button" for the new feature pop-ups in DW.

They should only appear once. If you are seeing something other than that after closing them, you may have a bad installation or corrupt preference file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Turn off annoying popups - How to, and please!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely there is an answer for this? How do we turn these off? I shouldn't have to stop what I am doing, find the tiny itty-bitty x and click it, and then return to what I am doing. Whoever thought it was helpful was wrong, wrong, wrong. I see a brief conversation earlier where the person was given instructions on how to do this in Photoshop, but those options don't apply in Dreamweaver. And that was the end of it. Heck, I even clicked the "I know what the heck I'm doing" option when I updated Dreamweaver.  I shudder to think what I would be seeing if I had clicked the "I'm a newbie" box!

annoying dreamweaver popup.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

While multiple users have asked for one there is still no "off button" for the new feature pop-ups in DW.

They should only appear once. If you are seeing something other than that after closing them, you may have a bad installation or corrupt preference file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, hopefully turning off once will do it - thanx for that reassurance.  One wonders how many there are....
So sorry that they still haven't fixed this.
And thank you for your quick response!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2018 0