Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to activate Dreamweaver CS3 [CS3 is dead]

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

We area unable to activate Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 application after formatting laptop.

Please help.

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Nothing lasts forever. I have a whole box of CDs and DVDs that no longer work by the way.  Eventually all things reach their end of life. 

I have just learned from another forum user that Adobe removed the public links to CS3 replacement installers and activation-free serial number.  Customer Care cannot help you with CS3 activation.  You missed your opportunity.  CS3 is officially dead now.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Authentication servers for CS3 were taken down a long time ago.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the servers were taken down, you can still install and run CS3, you just have to jump through some hoops to do it...

CS3 Activation-the solution!

The support page discussed in Step 1 is here: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the correct answer in discussion below.  You can't use your old CS3 any longer.  You must obtain a replacement version +  a new serial number that does not require activation.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, software that we purchased will no longer work. Unlike books or DVDs, etc. that we purchase in good faith, Adobe products simply stop working after a while - I don't recall seeing that bit of information when I bought the software.

I don't want tech support for using the program, I simply want the program to keep working.

It is one of many reasons why I won't use Creative Cloud any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing lasts forever. I have a whole box of CDs and DVDs that no longer work by the way.  Eventually all things reach their end of life. 

I have just learned from another forum user that Adobe removed the public links to CS3 replacement installers and activation-free serial number.  Customer Care cannot help you with CS3 activation.  You missed your opportunity.  CS3 is officially dead now.

Sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines