• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select text in code view (Dreamweaver 2021) with a mouse in Mac OS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to select a line and lines of code when i use my mouse to try and select it.

I am also unable to set the position of where I would like to add code with my mouse and to work around that I have to double click on a line and then move the entry point with my keyboard arrows.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

I have tried Dreamweaver 2021 again and now my trackpad and mouse work for selecting content

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not.  Can you revert to your previous OS?

Upgrading the OS on your main workbox the first week of its release is risky. It's always better to wait a few weeks until Apple identifies all the bugs and rolls out their fixes.  Read this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know.

I switched back to Dreamweaver 2020 and that one is working fine with my mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What mouse are you using?  I am using Big Sur with DW 2021 and my mouse (Logitech MX Anywhere 2) seems to be working fine and selecting text.  This sounds to me like an issue with the mouse software.  Have you reached out to the vendor of the mouse about this to see if their software is compatible?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using my Apple magic mouse 2 and the trackpad on my MacBook Pro, which have the latest updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried Dreamweaver 2021 again and now my trackpad and mouse work for selecting content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines