Highlighted

Uninstalling old version of DW (2017) Mac

Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to get a new computer since my old one died and it happened to correspond with the latest updates of DW.  I had restored my hard drive so CC 2017 was already on my machine.  Unlike the other apps in creative cloud, DW did not say "upgrade" it just says install so I installed.  Now I realized it put the DW versions side by side with no apparant way to uninstall the old version via the creative cloud app.  Is it good enough to trash the old applications folder for CC 2017 or is there anything else I would need to remove as well?  And to answer an anticipated question, yes I have my settings/sites in the new DW so I don't need to keep the old version around.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uninstalling old version of DW (2017) Mac

Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to get a new computer since my old one died and it happened to correspond with the latest updates of DW.  I had restored my hard drive so CC 2017 was already on my machine.  Unlike the other apps in creative cloud, DW did not say "upgrade" it just says install so I installed.  Now I realized it put the DW versions side by side with no apparant way to uninstall the old version via the creative cloud app.  Is it good enough to trash the old applications folder for CC 2017 or is there anything else I would need to remove as well?  And to answer an anticipated question, yes I have my settings/sites in the new DW so I don't need to keep the old version around.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know about a Mac, but on windows simply uninstall the version using the system settings - applications panel.

No problems are experianced after doing so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that doesn't work on a Mac but it got me thinking.  Under Applications --> Utilities --> Adobe Installers, there were individual uninstaller files for the Mac that Adobe saves.  So going in there will remove any version, old or new, of an Adobe app installed on a Mac if the Creative Cloud app is not reading installed apps properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I am sorry that you are having problems with installation. Can you please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message? We will get in touch with you for investigation ASAP.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be too quick to uninstall 2017 yet.   I like to keep my previous version for a few weeks just in case I need to revert back to it.  

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran - I was able to get the uninstallers to work via the manual method I described above.  I can PM you the details, but for now I am good to go.  I'm not sure why the application didn't see the apps already installed, but hoping that it is all resolved now.

Nancy - Normally I wouldn't but since my old computer died and I recently booted up a new one I thought about giving it a fresh start with the latest version.  I'm not sure if my problem is specific to moving my data from one machine to another as this is the first time I've done this, but I am hoping this is now resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. I am not sure how much I would be able to help you from here, but just in case you run into this problem again, give me a shout.

We can still investigate the issue for you if you think it is sign of a larger malaise on your computer.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 0