• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update dreamweaver cs5 to cs5.5 or above?

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a disc version of cs5 and want to upgrade to program for mobile devices.  Can it be done?

Also, I can't download any cs5 updates (11.0.4).

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

The CS versions of Dreamweaver are no longer available. Adobe stopped selling perpetual-licence versions of its software several years ago. If you want to upgrade, you need to take out a subscription to the Creative Cloud, either for all apps or a single-app subscription for Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS versions of Dreamweaver are no longer available. Adobe stopped selling perpetual-licence versions of its software several years ago. If you want to upgrade, you need to take out a subscription to the Creative Cloud, either for all apps or a single-app subscription for Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello David,

Nice to see you again on line...

in fact since a while a lot of users around this forum (including myself) are using back the CS version... much stable, much responsive and offering a better solution for coding than the CC builds... and particulary CC2017 and CC2018 that are very unresponsive, really greedy in ressources, and hanging much of time in code view...

personnaly since a big while (perhaps 6 months) I eclusively use CS6... (I do'nt remember who gave me the advice... perhaps Al... (Al isn't it you ?))... ... and it's amazing, I'm most and most using DW, instead of Sublime Text...

so perhaps the OP was looking for a solution to upgrade his CS 5 solution ?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

so perhaps the OP was looking for a solution to upgrade his CS 5 solution ?...

I know that a lot of people prefer the older versions of Dreamweaver. The simple fact is that the perpetual-licence versions are no longer being sold. The only CS version available is CS6; but the only way to get CS6 from Adobe is to subscribe to the Creative Cloud, and to select CS6 from "Other Versions" in the Creative Cloud app.

It might be possible to buy CS6 from a reseller; but I don't know whether Adobe will activate new installations now. There's also the danger that a reseller is dealing in a cracked version that won't work and won't qualify for support or a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

certainly the economic model may be one of the causes, but it is mainly related to the instability of use of the last two major versions.

Besides that, it's true that to date if we don't already have a CS5.5 or CS6 version on disk, there are almost no real possibilities to get one, except through a creative cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify, there is no version of Dreamweaver (past or present) that runs on mobile devices.  You must have a Windows or Mac OS. 

Dreamweaver system requirements

Buidling mobile apps requires good coding skills in HTML5, CSS and JavaScript.   In theory you could use any version of DW providing you can code manually. See link below for packaging your app.

Adobe PhoneGap Build

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines