Highlighted

Update my OAM easilly...

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how to re extract my oam easilly ? Each time I change my animation, I must re-import "animated composition"

[EDITED BY MODERATOR.]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by B i r n o u | Adobe Community Professional

I think you're making life too complicated for yourself...

the AOM allows to gather all the necessary files after exporting flash to dreamweaver.... nothing else.. nothing more...

and as the question of the OP was really based on re-importing the necessary files once the Flash animation was updated... what I said since my very first message, and what is demonstrated in the previous short movie ... really answer the question... did you watch it? 11.17.2018-19.09.27

in an other hand, concerning the manifest that you mentioned, look at this screencast....  11.17.2018-21.54.16

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update my OAM easilly...

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how to re extract my oam easilly ? Each time I change my animation, I must re-import "animated composition"

[EDITED BY MODERATOR.]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by B i r n o u | Adobe Community Professional

the AOM allows to gather all the necessary files after exporting flash to dreamweaver.... nothing else.. nothing more...

and as the question of the OP was really based on re-importing the necessary files once the Flash animation was updated... what I said since my very first message, and what is demonstrated in the previous short movie ... really answer the question... did you watch it? 11.17.2018-19.09.27

in an other hand, concerning the manifest that you mentioned, look at this screencast....  11.17.2018-21.54.16

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious answer is wait until your animation project is completely finished before exporting it.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible, I do sciences and I edit each time there is a new observation.

The software should have this SO SIMPLE feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it an AOM from Animate... if so... once you have imported it once, just publish your animation as you need, and everything will be be updated in your HTML file, no need to reimport anything...

AOM is a kind of suitcase that place script, html and files where needed, then you can use it from there... but if your HTML file is edited, think to uncheck (or check) in the prefs the fact of not overwriting the HTML file if you use it by yourself

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a noob, the html feature is for noobs.

Me I import the oam from animate to dreamviewer into my PHP (don't like html), I have like 15 animations in my page and it's not a stupid cartoon... how could I use the html page provided by animate.

Lol. So how many people works for adobe, they don't think about a simple button to extract the OAMs ?

[text edited by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christophem71423201  a écrit

Me I import the oam from animate to dreamviewer into my PHP (f*ck html), I have like 15 animations in my page and it's not a stupid cartoon... how could I use the html page provided by animate.

Lol. So how many people works for adobe, they don't think about a simple button to extract the OAMs ?

I admit I don't understand everything?

• what is a noob...  ?
  • and why would importing a single cartoon be stupider than importing 15 separate canvases?

import an AOM is imported an AOM bar point... so of course importing an AOM is faster than importing the HTML/JS animation (CANVAS) separately and independently...  but personnaly I prefer the second option

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in any case once the OBJECT is correctly placed within the Host page,

once the import paths are correctly respected...

• whether they are personal paths defined manually in within the code,
  • or whether they are paths defined by DW since the AOM import (so placed in the famous ASSETS folder defined itself in the SITE options).....

the update operation will be identical...

i.e. whenever you would publish (either

• explicitly by publishing the animation (File > Publish),
  • or implicitly by previewing the animation from Flash... ({Ctrl | Cmd} + Enter)...

the adhoc files will be updated and DW will reflect the necessary changes (only in the preview window and in the JavaScript, the HTML file itself will not change, nor the paths)...

Anyway, if you are working on an external browser... think to reload the page and hop it is updated...

if that is not that, that you're talking about...?? Sorry, I don't understand your initial question or your request? please could you reformulate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 1
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christophem71423201  a écrit

into my PHP (don't like html),

is HTML a bad language... hmmm.... maybe I'm wrong, I only use HTML,

in fact, I never use PHP except on WordPress sites, or old applications that I have to maintain for my clients and where PHP is in use... otherwise, all the sites I develop use only HTML, never PHP... am I wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christophem71423201  wrote

Me I import the oam from animate to dreamviewer into my PHP (don't like html), I have like 15 animations in my page and it's not a stupid cartoon... how could I use the html page provided by animate.

[text edited by moderator]

What a strange remark, web pages are viewed in a browser and a browser only understands HTML, CSS and JS. PHP is interpreted into HTML on the server which is a costly process.

If you have 15 animations on one page (i shudder to think), then you will be embedding these animations in an iframe. The iframe will require a source which undoubtedly will be in the HTML-CSS-JS format. I don't see PHP in this picture.

This makes me wonder, why are you not using HTML-CSS-JS for your animations? Google the subject for more information.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop answering to the stupid moderator's edits, I never said that. I just want to extract the OAM's without 15 actions each times. Today you say it's normal, then when adobe will add the feature, you will suck them loudly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

This makes me wonder, why are you not using HTML-CSS-JS for your animations? Google the subject for more information.

Whilst that is a good idea, it will never be a reality except for coders.

The problem is that Adobe has decided that all animations should be done using the html canvas, and not css/js based. Until PVII release their animation program for Dw, or the Dw/Adobe managment decide that css animations are a valid method, those who do not know how to code css based animations will not use them.

I gave up fighting the battle to bring Dw into the 21's century as there is little support from many, hopefully ALsp will have better luck.

To the OP -

Would it be possible for you to give us a link to an animation, then tell us what it is you wish to change?

I am not saying we can help, as Animate uses the html5 canvas to 'build' animations and that is completely controlled by javascript.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 1
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I all ready answered you, but perhaps I missed your point....

in your initial question you said two words ... re extract... then re import... --> when updating the animation

when I update any animation in flash, I never re extract... nor reimport... so that is why I think that I already answered to your trouble

so what is the problem... ? could you please reformulate step by step if you still have it ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, it look like my question is very complex...

Step by step :

1-I create my animation then I publish in OAM

2-I import it in DW (insert "animated composition")

then I must change my animation so :

3-I delete my <object> tag in DW

4-I click again insert "animated composition"

5-I choose again the OAM file...

I must do it each time I update my animations. I want a button to auto extract all my stupids OAMs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, that is what I understood, so I already answered your question...

1 - create your animation and publsih it as AOM

2 - import your AOM in within where you need

3 - modify your animation in Animate...

4 - be sure, if needed, to have change your publish setting paths, in the way that now the publish location must point to the publish folders in your web site, the one describe by the ASSETS AOM folder... in your web site setting

5 - create your animation just hitting ({ctrl | cmd} + enter)

6 - that's it... here you are....

but if one look close the point number 4...  , I don't know what is your web site development tree... personnaly I use a __MATERIALS__ folder which contains all the production files (grunt, gulp, node, scss, PSD, FW.PNG, FLA, ...) so generally the OAM (if needed), or the published files won't be in that one... but in the appropriate web site CSS, JS, IMAGES, LIBS, VENDOR... etc... folder... so that said, I generally never have to modify anything in the point 4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 1
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to clarify why I said above...

AOM must be use just once... the very first time... that will

• create the files needed
  • insert the OBJECT tag and set its attributes
  • place all of the needed files where they have to be (describe by the web setting ASSETS parameter

so now, no need anymore to create AOM file.... because when you modify and control your animation in flash, it will necessarily modify the output files accordingly (mainly JS)....

and if precisely your publication parameters (paths) and the location of your ASSETS folder on the site are identical... bingo... is it clearer... says so

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, I will try it (it's so manual wow.. adobe develops with a*s lol). I screenshooted your helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand nothing,  [personal remarks removed by moderator].

When I re-publish my animation + OAM, the animation is NOT updated, so I must change some paths ? But where and why ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 0
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in a defined local site folder?  If not, Go to Site > New site.  Give your site definition a name and select or create a folder on your hard drive.  This is where all your site assets will reside.

CC-localsite.jpg

When you make changes to your Animate project, you must again save and export to your local site folder.  See screenshot.  In my case, the local site folder is C:\myTestSite\animation_assets\

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok thank you, I didn't know those noob's new features.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly it's not working. I done what you said, all is ok, and I turn off the cache to be sure. So I import my OAM and I see that now, all my assets are on the good folder, but when I publish again my OAM with animate, the animation is not updated. How to change the path with animate ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omgggg.......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you have not given us an ounce to go on. We can only guess at what you are doing.

So I will tell you what I would do, maybe that will help you.

With more than one animation per document, you will need to embed the animation in an iframe. This iframe has a source similar to

animate/myanimation/myanimation.html

The myanimation folder will contain the output of an animation that has been published as Javascript/HTML. The contents will be

1. the HTML document
  2. the JS document
  3. a number of folders for images, sounds and other assets.

If you publish the same but modified animation to the same location using the same output name, the original files will be overridden and nothing else needs to change. The link in the iframe also does not need to be changed.

I sort of get it that this may be a noob way of working because there is no PHP required.

It's so simple that I am probably wrong. In which case I will blame it on my vintage.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe it's a language problem, English not being my mother tongue, so I'm sorry if I misspoke... I was polite though, trying to help you as best I could...

on the other hand, it seems to me that your answers was a little derogatory... and have had to be taken up twice by a moderator...

we all try to help each other... no one is superior, no one has the infused science, we all need each other at some point... and as we work on tight shedule... we don't always have time to refine our answers...

So today, I took the time to set up a demo, and a screencast for you (click on the link below)... I hope it will help you and allow you not to be disparaging...

11.17.2018-19.09.27

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to manually type the correct output path in Animate.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you think that the animation is not enought explicit ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not followed this discussion closely, so I'm unclear as to what is going on, but I thought I would throw in a few possible culprits to the OP's problem.

OAM files also include a manifest file, is this file being referenced in some way, especially if the OP has 2 versions, (original and updated)?

Also as the Animate files are simply html canvas which is js driven, is the custom js code using the same reference to the canvas object as the original?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to post the screencast regarding the oam Birnou, very helpfull.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome... and thank you for having take time to watch it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Birnou, it was very gracious of you to supply the video.

In fact there have been a number of your replies that could have been touted as correct. This time I could not hold back in case it was missed.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2018 0