Highlighted

Updated Dreamweaver from CS5, managed sites list gone

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I started up dreamweaver 2021, and the sites that I had managed in previous versions of Dreamweaver are no longer in the "manage sites" dialog window. While the files for the site that I want to manage exist locally, I can't import the site because all the files are greyed out. I managed this site in CS5 dreamweaver, but I can't run CS5 dreamweaver anymore since I upgraded to Catalina. How can I import this site into Dreamweaver 2021?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

We can try few steps on your machine and see if we can get the sites from older Dw version in Dw 2021. Please let us know your suitable time for a remote connect session (details sent privately) to try fetching sites from Dw CS5.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated Dreamweaver from CS5, managed sites list gone

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I started up dreamweaver 2021, and the sites that I had managed in previous versions of Dreamweaver are no longer in the "manage sites" dialog window. While the files for the site that I want to manage exist locally, I can't import the site because all the files are greyed out. I managed this site in CS5 dreamweaver, but I can't run CS5 dreamweaver anymore since I upgraded to Catalina. How can I import this site into Dreamweaver 2021?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

We can try few steps on your machine and see if we can get the sites from older Dw version in Dw 2021. Please let us know your suitable time for a remote connect session (details sent privately) to try fetching sites from Dw CS5.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you'll need to create new site definitions...

1. Go to Site > New Site...
2. In the dialogue that pops up, give the site a Site Name and browse to the existing Local Site Folder
3. Click Servers in the side bar
4. Click the + icon (Add New Server)
5. Enter your FTP credentials (FTP Address, Username, Password and Root Directory)
6. Click Save

Rinse and repeat for each site you have.

If you do still have access to an older version of DW that functions and has the site definitions, you can choose to export .STE files under Site > Manage Sites > highlight the site > Export. You then open the new DW and got to Site > Manage Sites > Import to bring in the site settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon, that worked (the new site definition). Alas, my older version of DW is CS5, which doesn't launch in Catalina.  

Yours,

Nick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nayan,

For the most pressing site, I ended up just treating it as a new site and re-entering the credentials. I do have some other sites that I still need, so yes, it would be great to do a remote connection. I can do Monday at 10 am EST or 2 pm EST.

Thanks,

Nick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nayan. after our remote connect session I was able to retrieve sites from an older version of DW.

yours,

Nick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming this is the same computer that you just upgraded, you should be able to go to your user Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/{Version #}/Sites and restore that file.  The version number would be 11 or 11.5 depending on whether your CS5 was the original or 5.5.  If those files are missing and you do not have a backup of the .ste file then the site will need to be recreated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1