• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User interface problems in DW 2019.2.1 (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past few weeks I've been having a lot of problems with the user interface in Dreamweaver. Everything works fine when I first open the program but after a short while I find that I can't select items from the menu as they're all greyed out, I can't use the scrollbar in Local or Remote View, I can't refresh the file list either using right-click or F5, and a couple of time it has completely reset my Workspace and I've had to add all my panels back in again and reinstall plugins. The only way to get the user interface working again is to restart the program. Anyone else experiencing this, and is there a solution? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try these steps...

Clear DW Cache 
1. Turn on your operating system's Hidden Files
2. Go to C > Users > your username > AppData (normally hidden) > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver (your version) > your language > Configuration
3. Delete the file WinFileCache#####.dat (the ##### will be a series of seemingly random numbers and letters)
4. Restart DW (it will create a new, clean cache file on restart)

If that doesn't work, try renaming the entire Configuration folder within the AppData path shown above (DW creates a new one on restart)

If that doesn't do it, as the final option, you may need to run the CC Cleaner Tool and completely reinstall the software. Using the tool will completely remove, or verify you have completely removed, DW from your system allowing you to get a fresh install that won't be corrupted by random files floating around in your machine. At least, that's the theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried items 1-4 several times and it made no difference. Will try the last two option you've recommended and let you know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Renamed the Configuration folder, restarted DW, worked fine for about half an hour and now my menu items are all greyed out again... nuclear option next!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines