Highlighted

Using Wordpress with Dreamweaver

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test.pngI have a local server defined. I cant use the CSS designer, and I can't edit anything because it's everything is greyed out.

Like the DOM and the selectors, any ideas?

What's the best way to do a theme with Dreamweaver? Like should I code the HTML and CSS  with the CSS designer and then import the site to WordPress?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Wordpress with Dreamweaver

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test.pngI have a local server defined. I cant use the CSS designer, and I can't edit anything because it's everything is greyed out.

Like the DOM and the selectors, any ideas?

What's the best way to do a theme with Dreamweaver? Like should I code the HTML and CSS  with the CSS designer and then import the site to WordPress?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ONLY files you can safely edit are WP Child Theme files. 

https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

Avoid CSS designer panels with WordPress. If you can't work directly with code (HTML, CSS and PHP), you should probably find a commercial theme that allows you to customize your site from the WordPress dashboard online.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I make a  Child Theme, all the stuff that was once greyed out will be editable?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense intended but based on your questions so far, I don't think you're ready for this project.  Take some stuctured courses online at LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com).  The first month is free.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/wordpress-building-child-themes-3

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not answering my questions I don't need a course can you please just answer my question. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm I figured it out my self

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Ben M LATEST
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Child themes simply extend Wordpress themes whether you are modifying CSS or changing pages/templates/layouts.  At the bare minimum you need style.css and index.php.  The rest are all additions to what the theme can do and the complexities build from there.  The Wordpress documentation is likely your best place to start: https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development .

From that starting point I would recommend joining some Wordpress communities because while applications like Dreamweaver can be used to help code plugins/themes/etc and extend DW, it's not the sole thing that can be coded within Dreamweaver or other coding tools so you might find more technical assistance in those communities with regards to your questions as they are not DW specific.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1