Highlighted

version 20.0 is super sluggish

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed version 20.0 and was very disappointed in the speed of it everything is very sluggish, and I do not have a slow machine (I7 with 32GB of memory running windows 10).

If I make a code change and I wand to select all the code (CTRL+A) it will take 15 to 20sec before it selects all the code.  There is no way to work with this in a production environment.

I switched back to 19.2.1

Does any body have the same experience?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

version 20.0 is super sluggish

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed version 20.0 and was very disappointed in the speed of it everything is very sluggish, and I do not have a slow machine (I7 with 32GB of memory running windows 10).

If I make a code change and I wand to select all the code (CTRL+A) it will take 15 to 20sec before it selects all the code.  There is no way to work with this in a production environment.

I switched back to 19.2.1

Does any body have the same experience?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2019 0
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mi32dogs,

We are very sorry to hear that you are seeing issues with the latest release.

It would help us identify the issue if you could give us the below information

• Are you seeing this on all documents or specific ones?
  • Is the document where you are seeing the issue opened from a network drive ?
  • What is the size of the document?

Thanks,

Divya B C

Dreamweaver Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya,

I have tested it on multiple documents and it is sluggish on all documents.

The documents are all located on the computers hard drive.

All the documents are html5 documents with a size between 20KB and 35KB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please, for you, mi32dogs, which build is working, and which not ?

personnaly I use the 15142. this morning it wasnt working at all, more than 30 seconds to get hand on the IDE on each mouse action.

well, I reboot computer, launch DW again... still the same behavior.

I, then, relaunch just DW... and now it is working as expected. what happen, what is the cause ? no idea?

but it often happen...

xeon E31245, 3.3Ghz, 24GRAM, local on DSM 6.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming that you noticed this sluggishness in the latest version of Dreamweaver and things were fine when working with the previous version. If that is correct, I suggest getting in touch with us directly using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m. Use the chat button to get started.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0