• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow "files" section

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on remote server in files view, and it's a pretty large library of files.

When I want to find a folder a click anywhere on the folders list and then type the first few letters of the folder.

For example if I want to find the "forms" folder, I will click on one the files / folders, and type "for" quickly.

Usually the selected folder will be the one I want, I will then hit the -> key to expand and then type again the name the file that I am searching... and when I find the file I hit Enter and it's open.

Recently, a few minutes after I open dremweaver, it will start responding slowly, only responding to the first letter I type and even then it will tae about a second or two to really jump to that folder.

If I restart dreamweaver - It will respond well again and then after a few minutes - it will slowly stop.

Any idea why?

This is really a deal breaker for me if this continues.

I am using a legit, licensed copy. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on remote server in files view

That is the problem. Anything can influence the speed at which Dreamweaver responds, factors that are not related to Dreamweaver.

Factors:

• speed of the connection
  • speed of the remote server
  • action of the antivirus software
  • action of firewalls

and probably others that I have not thought of.

The best way to work with Dreamweaver is to place the files in a local server, test the files locally and then upload to remote.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the case because I have been doing this for years. Once the initial sync reads the file list, the actual typing in the files list is local... it does not send the keystrokes back to the server...

I recently updated to win 10 (from 8) and upgraded my laptop (very strong, i7 machine with 16 GB ram)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to win 10

Which brings it to a similar spec of my laptop. Well done.

Annoying though, that this info was not given at the start because then I could have alerted you to the Windows Security - Defender - which contains two of the factors that I have named above. See https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/comprehensive-security

All the more reason to do as I suggested and work locally.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Windows defender is disabled

2) Windows firewall is disabled

And I think what you said makes no sense because in the first few minutes - everything is fine. After a few file opens and closes it slows down.

And again - me typing into the files manager has nothing to do with remote or local.

I can understand that OPENING the remote folder / file takes time, but not that typing in the files pane does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines