Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

viewing templates

Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to see what templates are available before deciding if to get a subscription to Dreamweaver? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

mindapolis  wrote

Yeah but I already  used Dreamweaver in the past so I don't believe I qualify for a trial version, do I? 

How long ago did you use DW?

If in doubt, just try downloading a trial and see if it works. No harm in trying and you might be pleasantly surprised. You can‘t use the same trial for 7 days more than once on the same computer but that‘s about the only restriction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does Dreamweaver have the ability to help with process the form?  I used Dreamweaver several  years ago and at that time there was no way to easily process the form in Dreamweaver . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mindapolis  wrote

Also, does Dreamweaver have the ability to help with process the form?  I used Dreamweaver several  years ago and at that time there was no way to easily process the form in Dreamweaver . 

There are many free tutorials available to get the code, Google the subject or have a look at Alt-Web Design & Publishing: Responsive Contact Form with Bootstrap 3.2 and PHP (Part 1)

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mindapolis  wrote

Is there a way to see what templates are available before deciding if to get a subscription to Dreamweaver? 

You could download a trial version of Dreamweaver to see for yourself, Free Dreamweaver | Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC full version

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but I already  used Dreamweaver in the past so I don't believe I qualify for a trial version, do I? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Templates are just CSS layouts with some dummy text and placholder imagtes.  Nothing fancy really.  More like  project starter pages to give tyou something to work with.

Insofar as form processing goes, that varies a lot by hosting plan and the type of scripts your server can support.    There's nothing  generic in DW that will process forms for you unless you know how to manually code scripts.

Ask your hosting provider  if they have form-to-email scripts you can use.  If they don't have any, ask them which scripts they recommend  for your hosting plan.   PHPMailer is a popular php library, freely available from GitHub.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont recommend phpmailer for a beginner. For a start the download at github is incomplete, the instructions are confusing, you have to use a build tool like composer to deploy it........finding a 'complete' tutorial of how to deploy it is nigh on impossible.

Id would recommend googling for a much simpler mail script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mindapolis  wrote

How long ago did you use DW?

If in doubt, just try downloading a trial and see if it works. No harm in trying and you might be pleasantly surprised. You can‘t use the same trial for 7 days more than once on the same computer but that‘s about the only restriction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines