Highlighted

Web design products, which one?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that Adobe offers Muse, Dream Weaver, Edge, and now XD. How do I know which one to use? I am looking to create a web page for a very small business. I would like to connect it to my billing if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Web design products, which one?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that Adobe offers Muse, Dream Weaver, Edge, and now XD. How do I know which one to use? I am looking to create a web page for a very small business. I would like to connect it to my billing if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think people are going to need more info to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 0
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Muse is dead, no longer available
  • Dreamweaver is the only real web authoring tool in the list
  • Edge is gone
  • XD is OK for design prototyping
  • Spark is OK for single web pages
  • Portfolio can be used to create a personalised website

Having said that, the mere fact that you are asking reflects your novice status to web design. This is also a sign that you are not familiar with coding. If that is the case and you are willing to learn to code, then use Dreamweaver. If you are not willing to code, try Spark or Portfolio or one of the many non-Adobe products like Pinegrow or Wappler.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Bens answer -

If you wish to connect the site to your billing you will have to be proficient in the following -

javascript

a server side language

databases

You will also have to know how to code PWAs, (progressive web apps) as in order to do billing, it will be necessary for the site/app to work off-line. This is necessary just incase of a network problem, otherwise billing will not be possible if the network goes down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

(...) If you wish to connect the site to your billing you will have to be proficient in the following - (...)

This is where I would get nervous and hire a professional doing that for me. Even if it costs money, it will spare a lot of trouble afterwards.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

This is where I would get nervous and hire a professional doing that for me. Even if it costs money, it will spare a lot of trouble afterwards.

It's not the coding that is a proplem for experianced developers, but the legal requirement.

What many forget is that the moment personal info is stored, then there is also a legal requirement to protect it. It gets even worse if any credit card details are stored, (even the last 4 digits) as the fines for any breach of security are now very expensive, (especially in the EU).

That is why I personally would never use open source or easy to purchase code for such, as it is just that open to anyone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

It's not the coding that is a proplem (..)

Correct! I'll start with security of the system up to the data protection requirements. But even systems with very tight security can be hacked when the code is not written according to the rules.

That is why I personally would never use open source (...)

That's a matter of trust. Closed source can be much more insecure.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Failing any of the previous answers as being suitable..................find your local Costa, sit back, relax and forget about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be better coming at this from a different direction...

Firstly whats your billing software?I is it an 'off the shelf' product or custom invoicing/billing system?

There are plenty of invoice/billing, ERP, CRM systems out there that offer fairly easy integrtion with a website

Paul-M, ACP - www.webspectrum.co.uk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul-M  wrote

You might be better coming at this from a different direction...

Firstly whats your billing software?I

That's the first question I would  ask, too.   No Adobe design software is capable of creating a custom web app that communicates with billing software.   That's an advanced project for at least one and possibly a team of skilled coders.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0