Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website Cell Phone Display...Nav Bar doesn't scroll correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello...

On my home page ( https://www.burlingtoncountyna.org/ ), the Navigation Bar scrolls correctly up & down on any computer display...but on any cell phone, it will not scroll up & out of the way of the content below it (content which is very important).

Is there a code snippet that can be added to accommodate this?

thanx,

dox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

This is a Bootstrap site.  Additional CSS media queries are rarely needed.  Bootstrap handles that for you.   The simplest way to solve the usability problem is to  remove stickty-top class from the navbar.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Bootstrap site.  Additional CSS media queries are rarely needed.  Bootstrap handles that for you.   The simplest way to solve the usability problem is to  remove stickty-top class from the navbar.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that your navbar code is incomplete.  It should collapse into a hamburger icon on small devices.

<nav class="navbar navbar-expand-lg navbar-dark bg-dark">
<button class="navbar-toggler" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#navbarSupportedContent" aria-controls="navbarSupportedContent" aria-expanded="false" aria-label="Toggle navigation">

<span class="navbar-toggler-icon"></span>
</button>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy...

thanx.  It doesn't collapse, but it now scrolls correctly (up & out of the way so as to view the info below fully), thanx to your code.

Another quick question (which I'll probably post as a separate thread, but...): whenever I search for our site...the link does not come up.  I know the site's been active long enough for the various search engine bots to discover it & log it...so what can I be doing wrong?  Is it a question of entering keywords?  Do I have to upload a meta file to each search engine?

thanx again,

dox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SEO is a subject all it's own.  But basically content is king.  If your site pages contain plenty of keyword-rich content inside good semantic markup, you should be in good shape.  Read the Google SEO starter Guide for greater insights on how to optimize your site rankings on SERPs.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide - Search Console Help

I just checked your site on Google with www and non-www prefix. 

site:www.yoursite.com

site:yoursite.com

The results are the same for both: 13 pages.   That's a problem because you have duplicate content.  You need to resolve to either www or non-www URL.  And when you decide which one to be, submit your preferred URL to Google.  Also tell your server to re-direct incoming traffic to the proper URL.

1. Create an XML site map for robots to crawl. 
    Build and submit a sitemap - Search Console Help
  2. Upload it to your site's root folder.
  3. Submit your sitemap URL to Google Console and tell Google to crawl your site. 
  4. Allow 3-5 weeks to see changes.  SEO doesn't happen overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines