• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website content area?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a website after a lot of hardwork. I am totally newbie. This was my first ever website i am facing few issues i want my recent post to be display in horizental order and other thing is i want to make my content area wider 

here is my site: best tennis guru

Capture.PNG

make it looks better.

please help me to fix this issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start using Dreamweaver to develop the website and we can help you. The alternative is to consult your Wordpress comrades. 

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAN I REDESIGN IT IN DREWEAVER AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could, but it will take a lot of time and effort.

My suggestion: stay with what you have got, and ask the plug-in provider for assistance.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me first say that the template is a big joke - 7000+ lines of css when unminified (lmfao) most of which is not being used. This is a typical  example of how NOT to produce a streamlined website, seriously. I hope you are not considering a career in web-development and are just producing the one off website? If you are then think again, choose another path, or career.

Now to your issues - the css selectors you need to change are located in the file below, even the file name is ridiculous and meangless.

5174b89aa219ed66f5851cb1cb20fe36.css

In the file (the below is the unminified version of the file) find:

content {
float: right;
width: 65%
}

Change it to:

.content {
width: 75%
}

Then after the above css selector add another css selector (this will prevent the images in the .content <div> from floating, which as a result wraps the text around the image, instead of below it, as you require:

.content img {
float: none;
width: 100%
}

Then find the css selector below:

sidebar-primary {
width: 40%
}

Change it to:

.sidebar-primary {
width: 20%
}

Website looks good from a visual perspective but seriously the code which presents it is bloated and a redundant mess.........little hope when 'developers' are pumping this kind of 'shite' out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't escape the feeling that this is an attempt to bolster traffic to a new site.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could well be correct. The amount of times people wander into the forum, ask a question and then that's the last you ever hear, is quite frequent. It's hard to tell who or what you are dealing with.

The only small clue could be the main text wrapping around the images (at large screen sizes) doesnt look particularly good, so it could well be a genuine question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines