• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website hosting recommendations please

Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a thread here about website hosting but since it is from 2013, I thought it would be OK if I start it again.

I am looking to change hosting companies. I am with HostGator and VERY unhappy with them. Don't want to consider GoDaddy or Netfirms because of previous contact. I've heard both good and bad about BlueHost. I don't know of any others and a google search is rather overwhelming. I'd rather start with people I trust in the Adobe forums for help.

I have 2 websites. Neither has any sort of shopping cart involved. One is WordPress (www.successful-solutions.com), one is Dreamweaver (www.desertpipes.org). Neither has an SSL and I know I need one.

I just want a host that gives has a good uptime record, decent customer support for these simple sites, isn't going away soon, and hopefully won't break the bank. I don't do a lot of development work, only basic stuff.

I hope this is enough information to let you know what I need.

Thanks,

Marcy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get what you pay for. The best solution is to Google for a host that is situated in the area where most of the clients are. That way you can be assured that there is no delay in data transfer.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are sure right about that. I've already told the client this could cost a little more to get a more reliable host. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InMotion

HostMonster

DreamHost

The Best Web Hosting Services of 2018 | PCMag.com

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcy,

I use Newtek Web Services - Leaders in Small Business Solutions for several of the sites I have designed/developed and administer, including my own. And I found it through a recommendation from here.

I also have had success with clients using HostMonster. It's home page, as of a few moments ago, is promoting a New Year's Sale on hosting services.

Both services offer reasonable plans, and you should find something that easily meets your requirements.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HostPoco is providing Free Hosting and half dollar paid featured web hosting with features like unlimited space & unlimited bandwidth. Please visit website and get best website hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines