• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website local root folder does is not recognized after WAMP upgrade

Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a creative cloud account. I upgraded my WAMP server. Now, when I open Dreamweaver I get  a Manage Sites... dialog that says the root folder to my website doe not exist. When I click Manage Sites, my site is identified. When I click import Site Dreamweaver defaults to looking for a file with an .ste extension. When I select all files I assumed that index.php is the file needed. However, Dreamweaver returns an error that says index.php is not a valid site definition file. I am not sure how to reestablish my site.

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Hi Jim,

See my screenshots below.  This set-up assumes your local site folder is inside Wamp's default web folder.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

CC-testingServer3.jpg

CC-testingServer4.jpg

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like you have a few things going on here.

First, .ste files are site files within Dreamweaver. They contain the data such as the paths of your site, FTP information, etc. These are only created via the Export command in Dreamweaver, so if you have not exported a site previously, you will not have a site to import.

If you just need to create a new site that will work with your WAMP setup this tutorial should help: Project overview and site setup | .

The site setup has little to do with your WAMP server as the only thing that will likely affect is your testing environment, so when it comes time to define a local testing server, that is where WAMP will come into play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

See my screenshots below.  This set-up assumes your local site folder is inside Wamp's default web folder.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

CC-testingServer3.jpg

CC-testingServer4.jpg

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines