• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is last 64 bit version of Dreamweaver?

Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually still use the 2007 Mac version of DW because it was the last version I did not have to bother/ learn CSS.

I have an old html site and still love the simplicity of that version.

With Mac going to 64 bit software, eventually it may not work, hence, What is last 64 bit version of Dreamweaver?

And is there a 64 bit html editor very similar? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

NetBeans is an IDE (DW alternative) it is free and allows us to create HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL, JSON...also handle project, FTP,  and much more

a virtual machine makes it possible to create as much configuration as one wishes. it can install as many OS as you want ... eg W2000, XP, W7, Ubuntu, Slakware, Debian .... etc ... all are independent and use the capabilities of the machine (graphics cards, networks, pheripherals, USB, networks ... etc ...) but remaining confined in its virtual space (thu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can also keep a virtual machine running just for DW 2007... I do that for keeping Director working....

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks B, did not understand 1st link, what is netbeans?

and 2nd link what Virtual Machine? Did not get that.. Mac based? Is free or cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NetBeans is an IDE (DW alternative) it is free and allows us to create HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL, JSON...also handle project, FTP,  and much more

a virtual machine makes it possible to create as much configuration as one wishes. it can install as many OS as you want ... eg W2000, XP, W7, Ubuntu, Slakware, Debian .... etc ... all are independent and use the capabilities of the machine (graphics cards, networks, pheripherals, USB, networks ... etc ...) but remaining confined in its virtual space (thus completely independent of the host system) ...

Virtual Box is free ... but it requires to have the rights of the installed system ... regarding MacOS ... Mac OS can not be installed as a virtual machine on a system other than MacOS ... (limitation set up by apple) ... but hey you're on Mac ... so no legislative problem ...

so you maintain the MacOS evolution of your host machine and install an old MacOS system suitable for DW in virtual machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks B, can you please send the definitive link for netbeans.. and the virtual machine for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you all ready have those links in message #1 and #2 ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I should save old Mac OS... 32bit... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope you don't have to save anything... you just first install virtual box then from virtual box you will create a new machine and there you will install the old macos from the initial install disk...

6.3. Creating a New Virtual Machine in VirtualBox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac, Maybe someone with Mac can help:

1) Virtual to still run old Mac OS and use old version of DW?

2) What is last 32 bit DW? still don't know

3) Closest Mac html editor to DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) yes that is a way to go

2) 2014.1... Adobe Dreamweaver - Wikipedia

3) netbeans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll post on Mac forum later.. but what  is last version of DW that is 64 bit? standalone?

Mac....What do I buy that could run easily fast my old version of DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't you clik non the link that we gave you ?... it's amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks B. ok hard to see all this small type. CC, not help, I guess question what last standalone with 64 bit? Maybe CC? if so then buy subscription..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there was never a stand-alone version of DW in 64 bit.

DW didn't offer 64 bit until CC2015, well after the stand alone/perpetual license versions had been discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is exactly what the picture send before was saying.... in CC2014.1 which correspond to the first DW version being 64bits... there is CC... and CC meaning Creative Cloud... we can easly understand that there is no stand alone, but a creative cloud application... and thta is why I answered  ".... don't you clik non the link that we gave you ?... ... "

64 bits was 2014.1... not 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines