Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's new in the June 2020 update to Dreamweaver

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

The latest version of Dreamweaver is now available for you to download and install. These are the features that have been introduced in this update:

On-edit Linting: Error messages are displayed in almost real-time when editing code.

Security enhancements

OpenSSL: Dreamweaver is now integrated with the latest OpenSSL version (Upgraded from 1.0.2o to 1.0.2u).

LibCURL: Dreamweaver is now integrated with the new LibCURL version (Upgraded from 7.60.0 to 7.69.0), providing secure connectivity to users.

Xerces: Dreamweaver is now upgraded with new Xerces version.

Ruby: Dreamweaver is now integrated with new version of Ruby.

For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/dreamweaver/using/whats-new.html

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok who made the decision to change our legendary Dreamweaver icon color? Bad enough you change the iocn/logo design, but the color to a pink/burgundy??? What a bad marketing but mainly for me UI decision. Let me explain so you can tell those responsible. When we look at our task bar among many other programs, our minds look for the color first. This has been confusing for me and I am sure others will state the same. IMO if someone recommended this in my business, I would fire them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan to use these steps, once I install the new version in my test environment...

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/

I think this is an error on par with switching the way scaling/proportional scaling works in Photoshop. 

Change for change's sake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to agree 100%. As someone who's been using it since day one, there's nothing more frustrating than to look for a green icon in the doc and not find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats worst is it looks like they asigned those Dreamweaver colors to the new app Dimension. Yeah I can change my icon but why should we have to. Shame on you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same issue.

The example I'll use is that I'm working in code view.

I enter a simple <strong> and the system stops me from entering anything else while it sits and thinks about it for a good 3 to 4 seconds, it then highlights the line number in red indicating an error, and then finally allows me to move the cursor so I can now finally enter the </strong >.  Now it thinks about it again for another 3 to 4 seconds and then the red line goes away. 

How do I turn this off? I tried turning off code completion, code hinting, etc. I even tried moving to design view and then moving to code view from there. Nothing I can find shuts the dinosaur off.

While I do like to test the code every once in a while writing code, I certainly don't need to test it on every single keystroke.

I've progressed to the point that I can't use this thing to write code anymore unless they start paying me by the hour, based on this performance, I'll get rich, or be out of a job because they afford me anymore.

HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow and then you get Wappler - a 2 years old software, which gives you more options than DW ever did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the 2020 version. A few days ago, whenever I tabbed back into Dreamweaver or did or typed anything inside of it, it would lag and stutter for around 10 seconds. Very frustrated. Anyone else facing this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry that you are facing issues with dreamweaver.

Can you please let us know what steps you performed while encountering this issue.

1) Did you upgraded your DW from 20.1 to 20.2.

2) Did you created some pages in 20.1 and updated DW to 20.2, then worked on the same page while facing the issue

3) Can you share your Dreamweaver Preferences with us from below location

• Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020
  • \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020(registry entry)

you can send me at kragarwaATadobeDOTCOM

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem and that is why I'm here searching for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.
1. Close DW
2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
3. Go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
4. Delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked, now works great again,

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We have addressed the slow typing performance issue in code view on windows in latest Dw 21.0 update.

Please update to latest Dw version 21.0 and let us know in case you are still facing the issue with Dw 21.0.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks you so much or sharing download link of latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines