Highlighted

Whenever my link references my index.html, it ignores any text-decoration settings and turns purple

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a link in a file called ridiculousstudios.html, and the link references index.html, another file in my website. However, whenever that link references index.html, it turns purple, even if my css for the link sets all text-decoration to none. If I change the link to reference something else, it will turn the appropriate color.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Purple denotes a visited link from your browser's history folder.  Clear your browser's history and it reverts to the non-visited link color.  Or try using a different browser.

a = all links

a:link = non-visited

a:visited  = visisted links

a:hover =  on mouseover

a:active = on click/tap

a:focus = when reached by keyboard tab key

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Whenever my link references my index.html, it ignores any text-decoration settings and turns purple

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a link in a file called ridiculousstudios.html, and the link references index.html, another file in my website. However, whenever that link references index.html, it turns purple, even if my css for the link sets all text-decoration to none. If I change the link to reference something else, it will turn the appropriate color.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Purple denotes a visited link from your browser's history folder.  Clear your browser's history and it reverts to the non-visited link color.  Or try using a different browser.

a = all links

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a = all links

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0