• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are Dreamweaver's Splash Screen Files located ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, a bit of an unusual question in a forum that's usually all about bootstrap issues and Dreamweaver's CPU usage.

I recently found out that it's possible to change Adobe's splash screens, and decided to make my very own based on Dimitris Yadopoulos' (artist who made the DW 2019 Splash Screen art) awesome artwork, for personal use only obviously. With some googling and searching, I was able to locate and change the ones for Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and After Effects. I haven't gone looking for Audition, Lightroom or Animate's yet as I rarely, if ever, need to use those.

The black sheep so far however has been Dreamweaver. For the life of me, I cannot seem to locate what should be an otherwise straightforward .PNG file. I have gone through the Dreamweaver 2020 install folder with every possible combination of search terms I could come up with (%splash%, %2x%, %startup%, %launch%, and more), I have tried unpacking the resources of the executable file, I've unpacked every .DLL file I could find, skimming through over 15K icons and resources...nothing. I found the banner from the old welcome screen, but that's as far as I got. Google has been no help either.

So I thought I could ask around here, since I've tried every other option I could think of. I should stress that this is not a life or death situation, more of a personal preference. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it !

(In the case of Dreamweaver 2020, I'm talking about this image that shows up on startup)

TOPICS
How to , Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Well, almost a month later, and despite the lack of answers, I'm bumping this thread up in case some other weirdo ever looks up the topic, and the reason for the bump is that I GOT IT !

I left the idea alone for a while, decided to give it another shot today, and...finally found it !

The splash files are located inside a file called "Resources.dll". Said file is located (on Windows at least, I'll assume it's in a similar location in the folder structure on Mac) at Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, almost a month later, and despite the lack of answers, I'm bumping this thread up in case some other weirdo ever looks up the topic, and the reason for the bump is that I GOT IT !

I left the idea alone for a while, decided to give it another shot today, and...finally found it !

The splash files are located inside a file called "Resources.dll". Said file is located (on Windows at least, I'll assume it's in a similar location in the folder structure on Mac) at Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver 2020/[language folder, in my case it was fr_FR]/Resources/Resources.dll.

You'll need some sort of utility to open the .dll file and locate the splash files inside, I used ResourceHacker. You should also create a backup copy of the file before tinkering with it, you never know what might go wrong.

Once the file is open, open the PNG folder inside, and find the three files called SPLASHNORMAL, SPLASHNORMAL_AT_2X and SPLASHNORMAL_AT_3TO2X. Right click them and replace them with your own splash files. Once you're done, save the Resources.dll file to a new location (save as...), as you can't directly save over the current file. Close ResourceHacker or whatever utility you used, and copy the newly created .dll file to the location of the old Resources.dll, replacing the previous file in the process.

After that, simply launch Dreamweaver and enjoy the results !

(crossing my fingers that nobody at Adobe decides to classify this as me going against the EULA for tinkering with files, since this is a harmless cosmetic change)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines