• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to change file associations in Dreamweaver 2020

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of dreamweaver users could customize file extension/associations - e.g. associate *.inc files as HTML so the html parsing engine would kick in.  

Those same directions to make associations don't seem to work in dreamweaver 2020. 

These are the directions I'm  referring to: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/change-add-recognized-file-extensions.html

In dreamweaver 2020 I tried updating the .xml file first... restarted dreamweaver and nothing happened. 
Next, I updated both the .xml and .txt file as specified, again, no change (note I also ended task on all adobe processes to see if that had something to do with it - on windows).

Can someone please tell me how to add custom file extensions in the new dreamweaver 2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Those old instructions were for legacy Creative Suite.

The new DW uses a Brackets code engine.  To add extensions, edit the Brackets JSON file.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/cc-2017-change-or-add-file-extensions-in-dreamweaver/td-p/8623340?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unclear what you're trying to achieve.  Include files are not whole documents.  They typically contain code fragments.  If you think you require HTML code colors, hints and linting in your server-side include files, simply rename the .inc files with .html file extensions.  OTOH, to parse content from server-side includes, you need a local testing server -- Wamp, Xampp or Mamp.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those old instructions were for legacy Creative Suite.

The new DW uses a Brackets code engine.  To add extensions, edit the Brackets JSON file.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/cc-2017-change-or-add-file-extensions-in-dreamweaver/td-p...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines