• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find errors on DW web page?

Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found these two errors through the Markup Validation Service... but I don't know where they are on my specific web page(s). Any thoughts about how to find such errors to correct them?

https://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.suzetteboulais.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automati...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The validation report references a Line number in your code where the errors are. To find the line number in DW, you will have to be using Code View, or Split Screen in which the Code View is one screen.

The report for which you provided a URL indicates your two errors are both on Line 64. In each case, the citation shows you that the error is an unnecessary space inserted after the open quotation mark highlighted in red. Find the line and delete the unnecessary space.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to Chris' reply, if you right click your page you will see a dropdown menu.

Choosing 'View Source Code' or similar will show the code that the browser and the validator see.

The description in the validation report will tell you how to fix the problem.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who is regretfully awful at working with code, I am still not sure how to fix my errors or where exactly they are on Line 64. Might someone be willing to copy and paste a correction here, so that I can copy and paste on Line 64 and correct the two errors?

If so, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the HEIGHT attributes from your Tables.  You don't need it because  content dictates height.   Use Ctrl+F to FIND.

<table width="944" height="681" border="4" align="center" cellpadding="8" cells…

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy.

I removed the:

height="681"

Should this take care of the errors then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, though. I removed:

height="681"

from line 64, yet when I just rechecked View page source, the height="681" is still there and now that I just rechecked my Markup Validation Report, I'm showing the same error(s).

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the page, upload to server and refresh your browser?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did all this, Nancy. Note the height is gone on my webpage, but it was not showing it was gone when I did the Validation Report.

Screenshot 2018-05-29 09.02.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines