• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe permit Exchange vendors to scam its customers?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe permit third-party vendors (i.e., "Partners") to scam its customers via the Exchange? There is a Dreamweaver Exchange vendor called "DWUser.com" that sells extensions that do not work and cannot be activated. The Developer in question does not answer support emails and appears to be out of business, yet Adobe is still selling his crappola in the Exchange, thereby knowingly ripping-off its customers. Others have apparently already complained about this, yet this dirtbag vendor is still in the Exchange.  Someone should sue both Adobe and this vendor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question.  Obviously, there is little if any oversight.  I'm guessing that company went bust a long time ago and nobody even noticed.

For these and other reasons, I avoid Exchange.  I always purchase my 3rd party extensions/add-ons directly from the developer's websites.   My favorite DW extensions come from Project Seven, DMX Zone and WebAssist.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines